Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Workbench 3.1.4 released!
StuKeith 10:57 14th October 2018
Hyperion has just released Workbench 3.1.4 with new kickstart chips! The ROMS are softboot atm but chips are in the process of being produced!

I think I will get a copy with hardware roms when available!

https://youtu.be/H6PZm80rgTE
[Reply]
Teho 14:05 14th October 2018
That's pretty cool. I may look into getting a set as well.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 22:04 14th October 2018
I was reading about this yesterday. Looks good. I think I'll get myself a copy if it comes out on disks (rather than downloads).
[Reply]
Harrison 00:26 16th October 2018
Someone on Amibay already has the release and will be letting me know what they think once fully tested.

It's basically a bug fixed release of 3.1, with things like support for larger harddrives out of the box.

Regarding the release. You have to burn your own eproms for the new kickstart roms, to use the new kickstart and workbench. It's also a bit pricey for what it is, especially as there is a different version needed for each Amiga model.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 13:08 1st June 2019
Has anyone here got the 3.1.4 yet?

Quite a few people at LAG are eager to try it. Apparently AmigaKit aren't going to stock it due to potential legal issues. Not sure what the legal issues are but with Amiga software, its not surprising that there's be a dispute somewhere.

Someone here has managed to get a pre-burnt ROM chip for his A600.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:20 1st June 2019
Those really early to buy got hold of them quickly, but then something happened and it was blocked. Possibly at the point where the Amiga rights changed hands? Cloanto now meant to own the majority of Amiga licenses.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 11:57 25th September 2019
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
Has anyone here got the 3.1.4 yet?

Quite a few people at LAG are eager to try it. Apparently AmigaKit aren't going to stock it due to potential legal issues. Not sure what the legal issues are but with Amiga software, its not surprising that there's be a dispute somewhere.

Someone here has managed to get a pre-burnt ROM chip for his A600.
Hi Stephen,

I've installed it in my Amiga 1200. Bought the physical ROM's and floppies from Amigastore in Spain. Works great and I'm very happy with it. The integrated support for big hard drives made it very easy to set up a 40 GB 2.5" one in mine.
[Reply]
StuKeith 15:32 26th September 2019
Yea, I am going to order a set and OS as well, just dragged my 1200's out the shed to refurb!
[Reply]
Puni/Void 17:38 26th September 2019
Originally Posted by StuKeith:
Yea, I am going to order a set and OS as well, just dragged my 1200's out the shed to refurb!
Nice! You have several 1200's?
[Reply]
Kin Hell 12:23 28th September 2019
Do you have to have a Burnt ROM?

Surely you can you Soft Kick it to use the 3.1.4 OS?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up