Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread: Playstation Classic announced
Demon Cleaner 04:35 25th January 2019
Is it not that the SNES mini's hardware is a bit more powerful than the one of the PSX? Thus making sense buying that one for hacking and running emulation, although I think the PSX controllers are way better.

This made me think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol12g5GxI7Y

But apparently RetroArch runs perfectly on the Playstation too, plus the emulator of RetroArch runs PSX games a lot better than their built in one, strange enough.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:58 28th January 2019
I bought one, gonna see what's possible with RetroArch. Seems to work fine, and I wanna try myself. Costs only 55€, so not really an investment.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:41 31st January 2019
I've not bought a Playstation Classic yet, although they have them in a store called Argos for £49.99, and as they are a part of the Sainsbury's supermarket group they use the Nectar reward points scheme, which I currently have about £40 in points. Very tempting to grab one as it would only cost be £10. lol.

Regarding the SNES Mini, I'm not sure if that or the PSX Classic has the more powerful hardware. But, concerning the controllers, the SNES Mini is compatible with the Wii Classic controller, which is a pretty good controller for emulation. Plus it has analogue sticks, whereas the PSX Classic doesn't, so not really any good for things like N64 emulation.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:34 31st January 2019
I saw videos where people are using PS4 controllers with the PSX Classic, apparently it works fine.
[Reply]
Harrison 19:42 2nd February 2019
Really? That's interesting. Via usb cable I assume?

Definitely tempted to grab one. Some people have reported finding them discounted to clear in Tesco supermarkets for £25. Might go into my local one on Monday and check. Would rather do that than waste my Nectar points.

SNES and Nes mini both use the same proprietary connector as the Wii Numchuck connector, which is why the Wii classic controller works.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:05 6th February 2019
There's a 8Bitdo Wireless Adapter device which lets you use them with Bluetooth.

Check here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkcxei_N_u0
[Reply]
Harrison 16:51 11th February 2019
Nice find. Are you getting one? The cables are definitely not long enough on the Snes mini controllers, and I bet it's thr same on the PS classic.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 04:25 12th February 2019
I have 2 USB 5m extension cables, not yet planning to get those dongles. Anyways, I'm still in the setup process, takes some tie to put all the games, going through all my sets at the moment, to remove duplicates and stuff. Plus checking for missing stuff, takes some time.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:30 19th May 2019
Did you persevere with the classic? How did you get on? Howvgood was the emulation?

I ask because I've finally just grabbed one. Wasn't going to, but Argos have just reduced the price to £29.99, so I couldn't resist as that's nothing.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:32 20th May 2019
I was cleaning and sorting my sets basically, once again, so that I could add the to the PS Classic. So to answer your question, I’m not finished yet, but almost.

On the other hand I have tested most of the emulation, I think it runs fine, with f.ex. N64 not being the case, runs slow. For me the most annoying part is RetroArch itself, as it freezes quite often, when quitting a game f.ex. and you’ll have to restart the console, by pulling the plug, there’s no switch. So if you’re lying comfortably on the couch playing some games, and you have to get up to pull the plug after every 3rd game you tested, can get frustrating.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6
Up