Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Where did you get your username from?
Toasty667 09:25 3rd May 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
@Toasty667
Tell me, because I just don't get it, what has Toasty to do with Mortal Kombat's Scorpion? Do you both breakfast together?
Breakfast with an undead ninja? Are you crazy? Never spend time in the company of someone who's from hell, learnt that about my ex

Asuming you dont know fatalitys, they are a move where you kill your opponent. Scorpion has one where he pulls off his face mask revealing his skull face, breaths fire all over his enemy then as they explode a voice shouts 'Toasty!'

As a sideline in FPS games I love explosive weapons and mock a mate with toasty when I blow him up. I'm quite a calm chap actually.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:33 3rd May 2007
I never could pull off the special fatalities moves in any beat 'em up! Definitely not my favourite or most played genre, although I do enjoy playing them. Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, and Last Blade 2 are a couple of my favourites.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:37 3rd May 2007
I know fatalities, as I played MK:Shaolin Monks a lot. But that one didn't have Scorpion in it.
[Reply]
Toasty667 14:09 3rd May 2007
I know fatalities, as I played MK:Shaolin Monks a lot. But that one didn't have Scorpion in it.
If you ever get a chance play Mortal Kombat's 2 and 4 you'll see what I mean. They've got the best fatalities of all.
[Reply]
J T 13:10 4th May 2007
Mortal Kombat 64 had a nice cheat so you could do fatalities easily.

It also had the "Toastyyyyyyy" phrase sometimes for Scorpion's flame fatality.
[Reply]
Toasty667 13:25 4th May 2007
You can actually open Scorpion up as he's a hidden character. You can also 'open him up' with a fatality.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:57 4th May 2007
Do you know the MK MUGEN project then?
Originally Posted by :
The Mortal Kombat Mugen Project is a Remake of Mortal Kombat Trilogy, introducing new Moves, Gameplay features, Stages and even Characters like Hydro a "water" cyborg ninja from the game MK Special Forces. Ermac has the moves from MK Deception and looks more different to the other Ninjas as before.

It can be downloaded here.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:13 4th May 2007
That's quite interesting. I have many versions of Mortal Kombat, from the first on the SNES and Amiga, through to MK Gold on the Dreamcast. All very enjoyable and staying true to the original.

Which was the 3D Tekken style MK game? That was the only one I didn't like much. Prefer the side on 2D style for games that were originally designed that way.
[Reply]
J T 16:44 4th May 2007
MK on the N64 was in 3D. The sidestepping didn't really work too well.

Then there were a few on the PS2. I have one, I think it is Deception but could well be Deadly Alliance. I only bought it for a fiver, played it twice, couldn't really be bothered with it.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:26 4th May 2007
You can also grab the MUGEN torrent at UG.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up