Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Where did you get your username from?
J T 13:33 23rd April 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Mine is my second middle name, which as JT remembered came from the original surname of my mother's side of the family.
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
You still know that my old username was exactly cioprgr like you said? Good memory It was/is my userid I have at work.
It's odd that I can remember such (useless) trivia but often forget things that are more important - for example I hardly ever rember numbers properly, I always round them to nice convenient more rounded numbers.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:49 23rd April 2007
I have remembered about Harrison's name ever since he told me in an email about 3 or 4 years ago.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 00:13 30th April 2007
Mine came from a time when I struggling to register on amigaworld and amigaorg.
Everything I picked was already in use.
I don't think this was actually true as I just started typing in random nonsense only to be told that it was all taken.
I probably had some wierd bug within my browser at the time.
I was just thinking I was tired of this when the nick came to me.
Didn't think anyone else would be using it.
Might change it as it's a bit morbid.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:51 30th April 2007
Originally Posted by :
Might change it as it's a bit morbid.
I like it. You should change it into "TiredOf*something else*".
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 02:10 1st May 2007
Not a bad idea.
Might even just leave it as TiredOf
[Reply]
LowercaseE 14:21 1st May 2007
I took mine from a joke/rib me and some of my friends used to play on one of my friends name bill. I don't know how it started but we started referring to him in emails by spelling his name in backwards caps, thus bILL. Then in real life we started referring to him by his backwards caps spelled name, by saying each letter and it's caps condition: ie. lowercase b, capital I, capital L, capital L. I did the same thing for my board usernames but only using my first intial, e.
[Reply]
Submeg 13:08 2nd May 2007
WHoa hoW randoM! That is a very strange way to come about a username!
[Reply]
Toasty667 13:29 2nd May 2007
I'm a big fan of Mortal Kombat so this is my rather serious name I use everywhere. If Scorpion's your character then you'll know the name makes sense. As for 667, it's the Neighbour of the beast, I put it there on forums if my main name is already taken (in this case I fluffed my first registration. I'm bored at work and the filters blocked my hotmail address. Doh!)
[Reply]
Submeg 03:10 3rd May 2007
So did you want to use this username or another? Im sure Harrison could fix it for you if it is the latter
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:36 3rd May 2007
@Toasty667
Tell me, because I just don't get it, what has Toasty to do with Mortal Kombat's Scorpion? Do you both breakfast together?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up