Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Where did you get your username from?
Harrison 10:04 21st April 2007
I was just wondering where each of you originally got your usernames from? What made you first come up with the name and decide to use it?
[Reply]
Submeg 11:24 21st April 2007
My last name, rearranged
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 19:00 21st April 2007
I shortened my first name, stephen, down to steve and randomely chose the number 30 to go on the end.
[Reply]
Teho 07:47 22nd April 2007
Mine is the first two letters of my first name Terje, and the first two letters of my last name. Of course, the first two letters of my last name are Hø, but I first came up with it when registering at GameFAQs, and they wouldn't allow non-english characters in usernames back then.

I also used it for Classicamiga because when we first created the forum everybody knew me as Teho from GameFAQs, so it made sense to keep using it. And still does. But for many years now I've just used my real first name as my usernames when I register at places. I sometimes use Teho when Terje is taken by someone else, but that rarely happens.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:15 22nd April 2007
Mine comes obviously from a Kyuss song. Where does yours come from then, Harrison?
[Reply]
J T 16:03 22nd April 2007
Ooh, I remember this topic from back on the old boards.

I remember that Harrison's was from the surname of a grandparent or another elderly family member, and that DC used to be called cioprgr or something similar but I forget why (possibly it was similar to a username for work computers - but I could be thinking of someone totally different).

Mine has really quite stupid origins. Harking back from the messing about at school and sixth form. The 'John' part of my original name came from when we were loitering around with intent to pull off some sort of prank - if anyone walked past we would commment something that was, while plausible, completely false along the lines of "so, what time did John say he was meeting us?" in a loud and ironically unconvincing manner.

The 'Tax' part came from a stupid joke in biology A-level classes do do with the study and classification of living organisms - taxonomy (tax-on-a-me? No, tax-on-a-you).

Then it got shortened to J T.

~ Fin ~
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:05 22nd April 2007
You still know that my old username was exactly cioprgr like you said? Good memory It was/is my userid I have at work. Nothing special, but I didn't know what username to use when I registered back then at Classicamiga, so in a rush, I used my original one.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:50 22nd April 2007
I also have a new name that I could use, Tjor. It stands for "the jester of random" Yesterday at work I was quite bored, and my usual random outbursts were keeping me away so I devised a name for myself and my random comments. Hehe. I have too much time when at work
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 11:53 23rd April 2007
I used to run Raw Deal CCG tournaments at a shop called Vantage Infosystems, 85 Fawcett Road...

It was the name I used for the website that I set up for the tournaments, and the name stuck.

It was a lot easier than using Mince VcMahon, which was the name I used to 'wrestle' under.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:54 23rd April 2007
Mine is my second middle name, which as JT remembered came from the original surname of my mother's side of the family. Ever since college I've signed my design work with the name Harrison, and have continue using it as my online and design name ever since.

I've also sometimes considered changing my surname to merge the name into it, making it Harrison-Watts, but I've never got around to actually doing it yet. I may one day though.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up