Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: My new connection
Harrison 22:43 9th January 2023
It's definitely sad the days of the ratio sharing sites are over. Such fast upload speeds would have benefitted PD greatly. Still can be useful for torrents though.

But as I said above, even at 110mbps my upload speed is a huge increase in the 9mbps I was getting the year before. Means I can upload to servers I'm working on at 12.5MB/s, rather then just over 1MB/s. That makes a massive difference.

But not many need it though and it's getting to the point now where soon beoadband speeds will be a think of thy post for most. . In the UK BT is working to replace all copper phonelines with full fibre by 2025. This will mean nearly everyone will have access to much faster broadband, but most won't have the need or use hardly any of that bandwidth.

I remember last year finally getting full fibre and being excited at not having to wait long to download even thy largest games. But once I had it I suddenly found myself wondering what else I could use it for a I'd downloaded everything and it was sitting there idle. If never had that situation. Normally something was downloading. Felt strange.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up