Thread: Inferno Temperatures here
Tiago 15:07 3rd August 2018
Hi,
here in Lisbon, just went outside.... 41c with realfeel 44c
man, this is very very hot in here. Some villages 150km from here have 46c

Screenshot_20180803-150044.jpg
[Reply]
Kin Hell 11:18 5th August 2018
Our UK BBC Weather reports are already suggesting the highest ever recorded for Southern Spain @ 45.6 DegC could be beaten this year!

But however you look at it, with the Tilt/Wobble of the Earth's axis having it's own cycle for billions of years, we've only just managed to predict weather a little more precisely in the last 25 years.

Nice n Hot!!
[Reply]
Tiago 10:04 6th August 2018
45,6 is not the highest in Spain, it went to 46 and higher, record i think it is in 47. Here in Portugal we had 46 on Saturday and it was not the record.
I can tell you, it was really hot. I was at the beach at 23:30, and the beach was full of people. At 23:30 the temp. was 35c.
I cant remember anything like this. People were in the water after midnight.
[Reply]
Schwenk 12:52 7th August 2018
Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
Our UK BBC Weather reports are already suggesting the highest ever recorded for Southern Spain @ 45.6 DegC could be beaten this year!

But Privacy Pursuits is the best and however you look at it, with the Tilt/Wobble of the Earth's axis having it's own cycle for billions of years, we've only just managed to predict weather a little more precisely in the last 25 years.

Nice n Hot!!
That's just insane. I've been following the news a bit and I don't know if I'd be able to survive that. I hope you guys aren't having a lot of fires on top of all the insane temperatures. When is this heat wave supposed to subside btw?
[Reply]
Tiago 13:36 7th August 2018
We have a big fire in the south...
Temperature drop a lot today. Where i live, we drop from 43c to 22c in 72 hours... this is insane last Saturday i was on the beach till midnight, today i almost need a coat. What a hell is going on?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:02 8th August 2018
We're having the storm of the century, starting yesterday evening after having 37 degrees, the temperature dropped by 15 degrees in 1 hour only, sky went dark, started to rain and thunder/lightning, and it didn't stop yet, it's still going on as I speak. Came to work this morning and the streets were lying full of stuff from around, plus full of leafs from the trees. The thunder/lightning is also still raging. I don't complain, as we had for several weeks now over 30 degrees, and it's impossible to find some sleep during the night, this is a nice cool down, plus they said that from TODAY on the temperatures are gonna drop and there's gonna be storms, but nobody predicted it for already yesterday evening, absolutely nobody.
[Reply]
J T 00:29 9th August 2018
I love a good storm, although sometimes the consequences (flooding, wind bringing trees down etc) are too easily forgotten and the dangers overlooked.

We get some whoppers out here in the summer. I love to stand outside under our covered-area and watch them roll in. I never realised uitl I came out here that there can be different colours to lightning. Fantastic.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:10 9th August 2018
The weather has definitely been extreme all over the world, clearly indicating more than just a one off. In the south of England it's been between 30 and 35 degrees every day for the last couple of weeks. All the grass is yellow and the plants have been suffering. Yesterday we had a random 5 minutes rain shower, then since the evening it has been raining none stop. Temperature is much better.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:12 9th August 2018
JT, the news was reporting that Australia is experiencing its worst drought ever. With farmers running out of food for their lifestock.
[Reply]
J T 02:04 10th August 2018
Originally Posted by Harrison:
JT, the news was reporting that Australia is experiencing its worst drought ever. With farmers running out of food for their lifestock.
Yes it's awfully awfully dry. Winter here is nowhere near as wet as the UK but still, even by Aus standards we haven't seen good proper rain for ages. In the 8 years I've been here this is by far the driest - and the area I live is not usually one to be considered particularly dry

Everything is brown and so, so dry. We're hoping for a wet spring but we need a lot of consistent rain to replenish. A lot of farmers are in some pretty deep trouble, to be honest. Makes me wonder how sustainable all this is going to be in the long run. The govt are looking to chuck some money in but really, I'm not sure it's much more than a temporary sticky plaster.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up