Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Look familiar?
Demon Cleaner 13:38 23rd April 2007
Originally Posted by :
It is definitely worth getting the FM-Towns set.
Will be EXECUTED!!!
[Reply]
AlexJ 14:34 23rd April 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
For some reason the Japanese love to play games in English (which is great for us).
Well if that's the case, they should do all the RPG's in English and then we'd be able to play the obscure ones that at present don't get translated over here as well!
[Reply]
Harrison 14:45 23rd April 2007
Very true and I also wish they would do that too. But most of the Japanese only RPGs tend to be heavily anim based and so Japanese voice acting tends to dictate the language used.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:52 23rd April 2007
I have the Farland Story (1-7) games for PC98, which were translated into english (the ROM files of course). You should d/l them, they look VERY japanime.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:55 23rd April 2007
It is great that many groups dedicate their free time to translating old games into English. I've got many translated SNES RPGs like that which is great.
[Reply]
Agram 21:15 27th April 2007
So Eye of the Beholder 2 on FM-Towns will be a superior version? Been trying to obtain it for weeks now, so just hope it has something extra over the other systems.

I know the SegaCD version of the first game had plenty of cut scenes.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:34 27th April 2007
Not sure about EofB on the FM-Towns. I've not tried it yet but if it is based on the console port that appeared than it won't be that great.

The best version of the EotB games is the PC version as it had better sound and 256 colour graphics. Maybe the FM-Towns version used the same graphics as the PC version? They both used the same CPU (Intel 386) at the time after all.
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 23:50 29th April 2007
There has recently been a release of EOB and EOBII for AGA Amigas.
Haven't had a look yet to see how much the graphics have been improved.
[Reply]
Submeg 04:19 30th April 2007
Really? By who??
[Reply]
Harrison 11:40 30th April 2007
I didn't know that either. As the PC original had 256 colour graphics it would be an obvious and easy way to upgrade the Amiga version for AGA. I also would like to know more about this.

Was the AGA version a new commercial release? Or a back room coding freeware release?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up