Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: The Dark Tower
Harrison 14:03 13th February 2018
Finally just watched The Dark Tower.

It was an OK film. I can see why critics gave it average reviews. I've not read any of the books, so I can't compare.

Good cast with Idris Elba playing the gunslinger. Matthew McConaughey felt a bit boring as the Man in Black. For what was meant to be "a fight to the death in an epic battle over the fate of the Universe" it didn't feel that epic.

The Man in Black's minions were never fully realised. We know they were not human and wore human skin but it was never fully explained who they were or why.

It's an ok film.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:37 13th February 2018
Have it, didn’t watch yet.

What about the new Blade Runner? I have it, also in 3D, but I didn’t watch it either yet.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:54 13th February 2018
I've not seen the new Blade Runner yet. A few friends have said it was good. I think if you liked the original and understood it then you are meant to like the new one.

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:42 14th February 2018
I never really liked the original, although I have to say, long time ago I saw it last, cannot even remember what happens, only that Rutger Hauer is in it

Checked now, saw that I rated it a 6/10, so no masterpiece indeed (for me).
[Reply]
Harrison 11:52 14th February 2018
I will let you know what i think of Blade Runner once I've seen it.

I do know someone whom hasn't seen the original and didn't like the new one much. So i definitely think it's a case of being made for the fans. The original was a fairly thought provoking film though.. based on the novel "Do androids dream of robotic sheep". He also wrote "The man in the high Castle" which is available on Amazon Prime.

I think you have to be a fan of writers like William Gibson to really appreciate it.

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:36 15th February 2018
I watched 2 seasons of Man in the High Castle and we both like it.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:46 26th February 2018
I still need to watch that. A few things i was watching have finished so might start that one. Homeland is back too!

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:23 27th February 2018
Didn't continue watching Homeland further when Damian Lewis' character died. I think we watched like 4-5 more episodes after that, but I didn't like it so much anymore.

Finished Fargo season 3 yesterday, great series, 2nd one being pure awesomeness.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:23 28th February 2018
Fargo is brilliant. Loved the first series the most. Billy Bob Thornton was great.

[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up