Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: The Cloverfield Paradox
Harrison 03:57 12th February 2018
Just watched this film on Netflix and i highly recommend it.

I didn't know anything about it and just saw it listed on there this evening. Apparently it was a surprise release immediately after a trailer for it was shown at the Superbowl, so only just released. JJ Abrams kept it quite quiet.

As it's name suggests it's the 3rd film in the Cloverfield series (after the original Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane).

It takes a different approach and genre again, as each film has. This one is a space scifi horror film which involves multiple dimensions and explains what happened to cause the events in the other films.

It seems to have been panned by critics, but as always don't believe them. It's had 5 star ratings on Netflix and I really enjoyed it. If you like space scifi horror you should enjoy it.

There's also a 4th film in the making apparently set in WWII and it will be a supernatural horror film. Rumoured for release toward the end of this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:37 12th February 2018
I know, I know, following Bloody Disgusting, I always get the news.

Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane lately and liked it quite a bit. This one I put on my watchlist, but didn't find the time to watch yet.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:52 13th February 2018
Thr variety of film genres and ideas in the Cloverfield series would really lend themselves well to video games. There would be so much scope. The problem might be in working out exactly what to focus on. Do you take the space scifi aspect, the fall of society and world war brought on by world energy resources running out, or do you focus on the sudden appearance of massive creatures?

You could also make a pretty good scifi war film fighting the creatures, whist scientists try to reverse the paradox and see send them back. Might even make a good strategy RPG.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tiago 13:31 14th February 2018
I saw Cloverfield Lane yesterday, i enjoy it.
I didn't saw the "10 Cloverfield Lane", is it good? Should i see it?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:36 15th February 2018
Yes, definitely.

You mean you saw Cloverfield? The first with the monster?
[Reply]
Tiago 17:59 15th February 2018
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Yes, definitely.

You mean you saw Cloverfield? The first with the monster?
Sorry i wanted to say "i saw The Cloverfield Paradox"
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:25 16th February 2018
Watch the other 2, they're quite good

Cloverfield: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

10 Cloverfield Lane: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179933/?ref_=nv_sr_3
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up