Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Anyone with a stamp collection?
Tiago 17:43 17th October 2017
Hi mates,
i just received a stamp collection from my grand father. I am trying to organize it. From 1860 to 1990 is fine, but after 1990 it is not in the best way.
I have so far, 2700 different stamps, but still counting.
Anyone collecting stamps? I would like to start a trade list outside Portugal.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:19 19th October 2017
It is a very popular hobby. I don't collect stamps but my dad has a bit over the years, but he only collects stamps from countries he visits.

I have collected some stamps. Royal Mail have been releasing exclusive Star Wars stamps and I've just received the latest exclusive set which includes character stamps from both the original trilogy and the newer films, including EP8. But this is just because I collect Star Wars and not stamps. ;-)

BTW remember I work for Royal Mail so if you need help identifying any UK stamps I might be able to help.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tiago 10:50 19th October 2017
Thanks,
i am now at 3000 cataloged. Around 2000 from Portugal and 1000 from ex-colonies (portugal). I don't have much from other countries.
But i have some from Uk yet to be cataloged, i maybe ask you for help. Thanks
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:42 19th October 2017
I don't actively collect stamps, but I save the occasional interesting one. Don't get much stamped mail though .
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:46 19th October 2017
I had a huge collection, when I was young, it was one of my hobbys, like some many here. Gave them away when I moved to my house, for free, should probably not have done that
[Reply]
Tiago 14:56 19th October 2017
Demon you gave all your stamps? A huge collection?!
My collection was from my grand father, i have some nice stamps with some value, i don't know the full value but it should be a nice one.
But he dedicated so many hours and money that i can't give it away or sell it, hard to explain but it's kind of sentimental stuff.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:15 20th October 2017
I got it from my uncle when I was around 10 years old, and from that moment on I started collecting. Had some rare stuff even, f.ex. several german stamps with huge amounts like 5.000.000 Mark, or Hitler stamps with the swastika stamp on it, guess not so common.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:58 21st October 2017
They were probably worth quite a lot!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up