Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: New beamer
Tiago 10:39 21st August 2017
Ok Google is the software from google where you give commands to the hardware. You have to say "ok google" then you make a question or order some actions.
I don't know the real name of the software, but the commands it starts with "ok google". I saw it working in a friends house. He has one of those speakers with bluetooth that connects to laptop, bulbs, lights etc...
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:50 21st August 2017
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Ok Google is the software from google where you give commands to the hardware. You have to say "ok google" then you make a question or order some actions.
I don't know the real name of the software, but the commands it starts with "ok google". I saw it working in a friends house. He has one of those speakers with bluetooth that connects to laptop, bulbs, lights etc...
That works fine, there's a button on the remote (and controller) to switch the microphone on, then you can say your commands.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:05 21st August 2017
@Tiago. That's just like the Amazon Echo I posted the review for. Instead of OK Google you just say Alexa followed by a command. Works really well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tiago 11:10 22nd August 2017
Yes it's the same type of software.
[Reply]
J T 06:38 7th September 2017
The Standalone speaker is called the Google Home.

The software that does it on Android (and other phones I think) is called Google Assistant.

(I think....)
[Reply]
Harrison 00:05 8th September 2017
It's no where near as good as the Amazon Echo though. It's third party support is really poor compared to the Echo. Echo has the advantage of the retail might of Amazon, but also it's skills (apps) are completely free and it supports the full Internet of Things language and is being directly supported by a lot of connected devices.

Echos speaker is also better than Google's and the Echo Dot is amazing by how small it is and the speaker still being good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up