Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Hot... very hot in here... about 100f
Tiago 21:21 17th June 2017
Hi,
Here In Portugal, ni Estoril, 20km from Lisbon, it's now 21:20 PM and the temperature is 32c (90f).
At 14:00 not so much far away from Lisboa, in "Santarem", temperature went to 44c (111f) ...
f.... it was hot, to much hot. Lisbon went to 40c (104f). It's difficult to breath.
A friend of mine in Santarem, went to his car, that was in the sun at 14:00, and inside the car, it was 48c (118f).
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 03:03 18th June 2017
Its hot here too. Its been a bit below 30C. Going to be a bit more tolerable later in the week though.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 07:16 18th June 2017
Here it starts too, today still bearable 27C, but from tomorrow on it'll be 32C and up for 5 days straight, I definitely don't like that.
[Reply]
Tiago 13:47 18th June 2017
Shit, high temperatures is doing fires.
In the North, there was, still is a big fire. 62 people lost their lifes. F... It is complete hell, more them 50 injured people. Probably it was not a natural fire, someone did it. F.... What a hell. People start fires to burn the lands so that the price of terrains drop. Can your believe this?

- - - Updated - - -

http://news.sky.com/story/dozens-killed-in-portuguese-forest-fires-10918978
[Reply]
Harrison 13:53 18th June 2017
I saw this in the news. Really bad. Stay safe.

Really hot here too for last couple of weeks. Is 32 Dec C here at moment. At least my house doesn't really get too hot as the front faces east and rear west so the sun only comes directly into the windows early morning. Good for the solar panels though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
J T 05:43 20th June 2017
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Really hot here too for last couple of weeks. Is 32 Dec C here at moment.
Lols

Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
Its hot here too. Its been a bit below 30C. Going to be a bit more tolerable later in the week though.
LOLZ

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Tiago:
in "Santarem", temperature went to 44c (111f) ...
f.... it was hot, to much hot. Lisbon went to 40c (104f). It's difficult to breath.
OK, that's genuinely really hot. We've had a few 40+ degree days here and it's bad. There was a really hot, windy day that was just vile.

But to all you island monkeys back home in ol' Blighty - don't suffer too much in the 'heatwave'
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:46 20th June 2017
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Shit, high temperatures is doing fires.
In the North, there was, still is a big fire. 62 people lost their lifes. F... It is complete hell, more them 50 injured people. Probably it was not a natural fire, someone did it. F.... What a hell. People start fires to burn the lands so that the price of terrains drop. Can your believe this?
Also saw it in the news, very bad indeed, I know about a fire back in the days near Figuera da Foz, where my friend is from, whole forest burned, there was a bar in the middle of the forest where we used to go, that also completely burned down.

We are having 35 today, and they announced even 38 for Thursday. Inside my house I have already 27,2C, which will probably still rise in the next days, difficult to got some sleep during the night.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:23 20th June 2017
It stayed about 24 last night outside which never happens here. It's also meant to be the hottest on Thursday here too. 35 they are predicting.

I really need it to rain as all my water butts are empty and I'm having to use the metered mains water for the garden and pond. Also not good for all my fruit trees. Quite a few apples have already fallen.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Tiago 13:30 20th June 2017
Yesterday at 23:30 it was 30c ... difficult to sleep.
Today is not so hot.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 15:02 20th June 2017
Its been in the high 20s up here outside, but it gets to around 36 in this room. I can sleep adequately though if I have my fan on full blast. Air conditioning would be nice though .
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up