Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Got me a new toy.
Buleste 11:02 5th May 2017
Amstrad CPC464 arrived today! All ready to be played with. Woohoo!!!
[Reply]
Harrison 13:22 5th May 2017
Nice. I have fond memories as it's my first computer. Did you get a monitor with it?

Try Gryzor as it's got some of the best graphics of any 8bit version. And I understand it enjoyed a bit of a demoscene too towards the end.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:19 5th May 2017
With floppy or dataset?
[Reply]
Buleste 10:18 6th May 2017
Bought a SCART lead and power supply and it looks sweet.
Modded so that it has a DIN for external Cassette drive so I can plug in my TZXDuino with motor control.
Bubble Bobble 4 CPC which is closer to the original arcade version is awesome. Love it.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:59 7th May 2017
In Luxembourg they sold them under the name Schneider, not Amstrad. Anyway, I always thought it was the biggest crap, only 1 single friend I knew had one, with monochrome screen, so when we played games, I got cancer in my eyes when I compared it to my C64.

The best way to play arcade games is arcade, thus MAME Not ANY version comes close.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 10:35 7th May 2017
WOW! - my bro had one of those....

After a night of racing, (can't remember the name), my eyes felt like they were bleeding for 48 hours after & the sound was buzzing over & over & over.....

I think it was like a managed game where you had to come into the pits & do "racing pit's things" to win the race. The field of view was looking down from above, ish, ...maybe....It's a long time ago......
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:50 7th May 2017
Forgot to mention the horrible sound, nothing compared to a far superior SID.

Wasn't the game Pitstop?
[Reply]
Kin Hell 17:32 7th May 2017
Not entirly sure DC. I've had a look around Google & found nada.

Not listed on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Amstrad_CPC_games
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:26 7th May 2017
I remember Pitstop II on the C64 https://www.c64-wiki.de/wiki/Pitstop_II, but that one didn't come out for the CPC. Was a great game at the time, especially with 2 players.
[Reply]
J T 01:08 15th May 2017
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I always thought it was the biggest crap, only 1 single friend I knew had one, with monochrome screen, so when we played games, I got cancer in my eyes when I compared it to my C64.

Please, DC, stop being so subtle and tell us what you really think.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up