Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: PS5 and Xbox Series S/X
Harrison 12:01 19th March 2021
Has anyone managed to buy either make of new console yet, are waiting, or are eventually planning to buy one or both?

I really wanted a PS5 before its release, but with the complete shortage of stock I don't mind waiting. There really are not that many new exclusive PS5 games yet, and although many PS4 games are already receiving PS5 updates for higher frame rates, 4K or better quality graphics and HDR I'm happy to continue with the PS4 at the moment. I've so many games to play and complete still so there's no rush. Plus it's hard to believe the age of the PS4, with so many games still looking very nice and haven't dated in the same as happened with older gen consoles towards their end.

I would actually be more interested in an Xbox Series X at the moment. I completely bypassed the Xbox One because of the "already have a gaming PC" argument, but with Game Pass and already subscribing to it for PC it would be a good system to own now to have instant access to a lot of games I haven't played to catch up. But as with the PS5, the Xbox Series S/X is currently in very short supply.

Anyone heard anything about possible return to normal stock of either system?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:58 19th March 2021
I still have hundreds of games to play on my PS4. (I just checked, I have 653 purchased games and 98 PS Plus games, I think I'm fine)

I just bought a new PC for gaming.

I just bought a Nintendo Switch Lite, have the RG350M and RGB10, a Pi4 and kickstarted the AYA NEO.

I'm good.

Originally Posted by :
Anyone heard anything about possible return to normal stock of either system?
Don't care.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:58 19th March 2021
I know what you mean. I think I've about 400 games in my PS4 library last time I checked. Many were PSPlus free monthly ones, but equally there have been a lot of sales with bundled and really discounted stuff I've grabbed.

And actually because the PS5 is backwards compatible have purchased most as digital copies.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:51 19th March 2021
Originally Posted by Harrison:
And actually because the PS5 is backwards compatible have purchased most as digital copies.
Yes, with 850GB available, wtf?
[Reply]
Harrison 18:15 20th March 2021
At the moment. But that's only for PS5 games. You can run PS4 games from an external drive. In fact just take one from a PS4, plug it in and play the games. No need to reinstall.

I'm not shut why Sony have initially disabled the PS5s M2 expansion, but as soon as that's activated you will be able to expand the storage for PS5 games with a standard M2, so 4TB+ should be possible.

I'm guessing it was disabled due to the shortage of chips in the last year and wanting to safeguard supply for the consoles themselves. Although now we don't even have the console to buy either.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up