Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: 1st TB hard drives to arrive
Demon Cleaner 09:16 20th April 2007
Originally Posted by :
I tend to back things up as I download each collection, so it doesn't take that long each time.
I understand what you mean, but I give you an example:

I d/l the DC torrent which has 40GB now. I burn it to DVDs. After 1 month, the torrent is updated, I update the files, trash my obsolete DVDs, and burn new ones, and so on. If I store these files on an external HDD, I can always join the torrents. Because most of the torrents get updated from time to time, so I don't see why I should copy them to DVDs.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:23 20th April 2007
In such cases I just backup the differences for each new release. I do this, where available, by obtaining the .dat for the new torrent release, checking my existing set and saving a missing text file, update the set to the latest version, and then save the files listing in the missing text file. I therefore always have an up to date version of the set without having to back the lot up each time and scrap the old backup.
[Reply]
Submeg 20:53 20th April 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
...Obviously if you had to burn 120 DVD-R's, going on an average of 4 minutes per disc it would take 10 hours!
Thats how long it took me to upload 48 MB onto the server on ye olde dial up!
[Reply]
J T 17:46 22nd April 2007
Backing up data, eh

Really should do that sometime, and buy another HDD. But I've blown a lot of cash on other things recently so maybe not for a while.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:55 22nd April 2007
Yes have you heard of that concept? I really dont have anything to back up, apart from my Uni work
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up