Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: What retro systems and specific games have you played recently?
Harrison 10:44 10th February 2017
So what retro games have you been playing lately? And which hardware have you been running them on? Real or emulated.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buleste 11:00 10th February 2017
As per usual I've been building and testing CAS/TZXDuino so that means Spectrum and MSX games but recently I have been try Monty's Honey Run on the Spectrum. A new Monty Mole inspired game.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:33 10th February 2017
Any good?

[Reply]
Teho 17:32 10th February 2017
I got my hands on another Sharp MZ-700 recently, and I hooked it up and loaded a tape game to see if it worked. It did, but several keys on the keyboard didn't work and one cursor key for controlling the game was one of them. It probably just needs some cleaning up, but I was positively surprised that the old tape mechanism and the old tape still worked fine. The mechanism has probably never been cleaned or adjusted.

Apart from that I haven't been good at using any of my old systems in a while. These past years I've been getting the old Nintendo and Sega consoles after getting a set of Everdrive cartridges for them. But I haven't been using them, sadly.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:26 11th February 2017
I also got Everdrives for all my retro systems but really haven't used them much because it was just before I moved. It was actually a forced decision not to set them up and play them until I have the house renovations mostly finished. I'm getting there and hope to be ready to unpack and play some more in about 1-2 months. I should then just have the bathroom to replace.

[Reply]
Buleste 10:47 13th February 2017
Andy Johns has done another Moty Mole inspired game now.

http://zxbasic.uk/db/34
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:30 13th February 2017
Still going through every single MAME game from time to time, wanna make a set with all the best games, thus playtesting them all. Other than that, nothing.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:36 14th February 2017
I've wanted to do that with MAME but with over 4000 games is a tall order. Always possible to find a new game you've never played just by randomly picking one.

[Reply]
Buleste 09:51 14th February 2017
I just use Coinops8 On the XBox for MAME stuff and emulating any system I don't have.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:24 14th February 2017
I keep meaning to try that as I have a couple of xboxes. Quite a hassle to find and setup from what I've read though. Should still do it though when I have the time.

[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up