Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Europe Freeze!
Kin Hell 14:40 24th January 2017
Heck, I knew you had a lot of Bluebells from the pics u posted but if it's that bad m8, only one thing for it......

Camon-c8-8hp-rotorvator.jpg

[Reply]
Harrison 07:51 25th January 2017
Lol. I do have a rotavator. But I've found if I just keep mowing over them it stops most of them coming up.

Only way to really stop them would be to dig all the bulbs up, but they are quite far down and there are always loads of bulbs per clump so some get left behind. And when you pull up the foliage it comes away from the bulb really easily so you can't do it that way. Never thought having too many bluebells would be an issue.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:55 25th January 2017
ROFL Dave!

It appears as though the Death Toll RE the Italy Avalanche is standing @ 14 as of yesterday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ecutors-study/

Time is running out for further survivors, which are surely going to become miracle events if at all.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:48 25th January 2017
It has been amazing that they found any alive at all. Looking at the hotel before and after the avalanche it looked like there wasn't much left.

I was so glad they found the family alive of the man whom was outside when it happened and alerted the emergency services. He literally just left the hotel to get something from his car and it happened. His family were all inside as he watched. Amazing they all survived.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 12:37 26th January 2017
Indeed H. It's all the Rock & boulders that the avalanche pushes forward as it descends over the terrain. It's hard to imagine being being crushed instantly with Ice & Rock..... What a horrible way to go!

Looks like the Insurance are looking @ Emails from the Hotel pleading for help hours before the disaster. Someone could be for the High Jump eh!

&..... Feck Me!

As of this morning, I can confirm seeing several Monkeys scampering across the road with Oxyacetylene Torches in hand. We now have all that cold air from Europe being blasted into Cornwall from France. It's 5 DegC but the Gale force winds are making it feel like -1+.

It's been some time happening this year, but it looks like winter has finally landed for us! freezing-cold.gif
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 16:07 26th January 2017
Its been really cold up here in Yorkshire as well. I put some washing out this morning, and some of it was frozen when I brought it in just now.

I just stuck a thermocouple out of the window and its reading -3C.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:39 27th January 2017
Hanging washing out this time of year? Does it ever dry?

It's not been in positive temps here for a couple of weeks. -3 most days this week. And -6 last night. Very cold. Enjoying my wood burner a lot!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 12:02 28th January 2017
If the sun shines on it it will dry. If not, only the really thin stuff which is only slightly damp when it comes out of the washing machine will dry. Still, its always nicer when the washing has had plenty of fresh air.

The wood burner sounds nice for this time of year .
[Reply]
Harrison 20:46 28th January 2017
I agree. I much prefer washing dried on the line. You don't have to iron as much normally either.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 09:41 30th January 2017
Washing machine & separate Dryer here. Perhaps lucky enough to have a converted outbuilding opposite our back door, utilising Laundry facilities with Vents out through the wall from the Dryer & the room itself.
Come Rain or Shine, any day can be a Laundry day if you have your own Laundry facilities.

Washing lines..... Yuk!

Seagull Shit Everywhere, Bath Towels like dragging a RASP file over your body, bugs shagging in your Boxer Shorts & laying eggs in the breeze! Meh..... so primal these days.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up