Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread: Commercial games missing on the main site
AlexJ 09:08 30th September 2007
I think they're freeware as opposed to commercial which is why they're missing.

Dr Who (Doctor Who), Accursed Toys , Free , 1992
Mr Men Olympics 1.11, Unity, Free, 1993

(Also Dr Who : The Quiz Game, Nigel Ellis, Free, 1994)

I'll add them in...

EDIT: Mr Men CA Entry, Dr. Who CA Entry

Fancy doing the screenshots?
[Reply]
Submeg 10:50 30th September 2007
Ah that would explain it, I wasnt sure. Yep yep will do them!
[Reply]
Harrison 13:30 1st October 2007
Don't forget to tick the "game media files" tick boxes in the edit screen when adding downloads, boxart etc... then people can do a direct search for the content. Thanks

I've updated the Mr. Men Olympics so the downloads are ticked.

Also the last image for Dr. Who seemed to be corrupt. It was causing a script error that reported the image was not a valid PNG file. I've therefore removed the last screenshot from the page.
[Reply]
Submeg 14:53 1st October 2007
fair enough, I thought it was a bit weird cause when I saved it went a bit wonky
[Reply]
AlexJ 20:40 1st October 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Don't forget to tick the "game media files" tick boxes in the edit screen when adding downloads, boxart etc... then people can do a direct search for the content. Thanks

I've updated the Mr. Men Olympics so the downloads are ticked.
Whoops, my bad. Must get back into the habit of adding content so I remember...

Oh I added both versions I found in the TOSEC for completeness - is that Preferred/Discouraged/NoPreference?
[Reply]
Harrison 00:39 2nd October 2007
As many versions as you like is fine, as long as they are named correctly so visitors can tell them apart and don't think they are disk one and two for the same download.
[Reply]
Tiago 13:26 4th October 2007
I didnt find "Party Games" in main site.
It was a game about sex, in witch you had to move the joystick around to put the characters.....her.... doing it....
[Reply]
Harrison 13:35 4th October 2007
Wasn't that a public domain game too? For sex related games I think we only want to add commercial releases at the moment as these entries attract search engine hits and visitors that have no interest in the Amiga or in the actual games. Just look at the hit count on the main site for the three we do have listed!
[Reply]
Tiago 13:42 4th October 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Wasn't that a public domain game too? For sex related games I think we only want to add commercial releases at the moment as these entries attract search engine hits and visitors that have no interest in the Amiga or in the actual games. Just look at the hit count on the main site for the three we do have listed!
Public domain? I dont remember. But i remember to open a joystick with a friend so that we can put a finger dirrectly on the click and avoid the time to the stick goes around 360º, with 1 finger in eatch of the clicks it went super fast! he he he,
the things we do when we are young.....
[Reply]
Submeg 00:01 5th October 2007
Lol, too funny
[Reply]
Tags:Array
3 4 5 6 7 8
Up