Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Desert island gaming
Harrison 12:50 17th July 2016
Taking the idea for BBC Radio 4 Desert Island Disks. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island you can only take 10 games with you.

You can pick 10 games from any platform, from any eta. Assume you will have the hardware and electric to run them.

So what would your all time favourite/best games be that you would select to take with you? Remember you can pick up to 10 games only.

Finally out of those 10, which single game is your favourite game of all time?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Harrison 12:56 17th July 2016
My single favourite game is still Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on the Xbox.

Bioware finally managed to produce a great Star Wars based RPG with cinematic quality, voice acting and a great story. It was also the game to use Bioware's conversion choices system, altering later events based on your decisions. Plus the light/dark morality meter influencing how NPCs react and talk to you. A brilliant idea seen again in later games such as Mass Effect.

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:16 18th July 2016
Would just take Rocket League
[Reply]
Harrison 11:19 18th July 2016
I've still not played it yet. I grabbed it for about £2 in the recent Steam sales so well give it a go soon.

[Reply]
Teho 19:25 18th July 2016
Would have to have an Elite game, either Frontier or the current Elite Dangerous. Probably Elite Dangerous I guess, if we imagine an offline version exists. Also a Civilization game. I'd probably be set with just those two.

For the rest I'd look for other games that are endlessly replayable like that I guess. Or games that aren't but that I wouldn't mind playing again and again regardless. Just add Turrican II to the list now that I think of it.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:02 19th July 2016
Sports/Racing games are good ones to take, as there's no end to them, might just get tedious with the time.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:04 1st August 2016
As Demon said, sports/racing or any simulator would be perfect.

Maybe:
Flight simulator X
Train simulator (only with DLCs)
GT6
Elite Dangerous

and maybe a huge rpg...
[Reply]
Ghost 06:50 3rd August 2016
Hmm, this is a difficult one.

* Fallout New Vegas with as much fixed and mods as possible
* Metroid Prime Trilogy
* Deus Ex with mods
* A Civilization game, finally having time to learn those
* A Sim City game, same reasons
* Doom/GZDoom, with as much mods, editors, materials, tutorials on how to make mods
* No Man's Sky? (if it is any good)
* ... (to be filled in later)

I don't have any particular favorite title among these right now.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:02 3rd August 2016
Originally Posted by Ghost:
* No Man's Sky? (if it is any good)
Gonna open a thread about that game now. I have the same thoughts than you. Could be interesting to discuss this one, as it's coming out soon. In 1 week I think.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up