Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Self-service posting machines
Stephen Coates 18:38 2nd July 2016
Has anyone here used a self service machine in a post office?

A couple of years ago I went in to the newly refurbished post office in the town centre to post a letter to The Netherlands, and was introduced to the new self service machines by a member of staff. I had my letter dealt with by the machine, and the process did look awfully complicated. Fortunately, the lady in the post office did it all for me .

I went in the other day to buy some stamps, and there was a queue, so the lady suggested I get my stamps from the machine. She did the whole process for me.

Self service is always fun when there is someone to do it for you .
[Reply]
Harrison 21:49 2nd July 2016
Mad. So basically you were getting the same service as if you were at the normal counter, but with the addition of am expensive machine. Brilliant.

I've not ever used the self service machines, but have heard of them. I tend to just print postage at home. Much easier and no queues.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 22:39 2nd July 2016
Pretty much.

The machines in the post office do look a bit complicated, and I did read an article criticising them. I wonder how popular they are. Maybe I'll have to give one a go on my own sometime. Normally though, I just use my local post office, where you'll get served by a bloke who resembles Norris off Coronation Street .

That day a couple of years ago was quite funny, because after the post office, I went to the newly refurbished NatWest in town to pay a cheque in, and the lady there introduced me to their new ATMs which accept deposits. She paid the cheque in for me via the machine without me even having to touch it .
[Reply]
Kin Hell 07:32 3rd July 2016
The only thing I hate about Post Offices is fighting in the Queues with the Old Age Pensioners.....

Having discovered this OAP thing in the Post Offices back in the late 70's, the real sh1tter of it now is, ....It'll be my turn soon & it's only 11 years away....
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 18:56 3rd July 2016
Hehe. I guess you'll soon be joining the queue outside at 8:45 on Monday mornings .
[Reply]
Harrison 22:19 3rd July 2016
Unless you just use direct debit!

[Reply]
Kin Hell 09:34 6th July 2016
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Unless you just use direct debit!

Absolutely not! - There will be pain...... Lot's of pain!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up