Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: The MIST FPGA
Puni/Void 21:17 14th April 2016
Hi guys,

I'm considering getting a MIST FPGA computer for my birthday. It will replace the old A1200 as my Amiga system. Anyone has any experience with it? Some tips? Things I should prepare? Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:59 15th April 2016
It's definitely an interesting project. Obviously as it's running a sort of emulated hardware in its core I've heard there are some compatibility issues with some software. But nothing major.

I personally don't have a need for one as it's basically just a way to emulate different 8bit and 16bit systems as I'm happy with my emulation PC. There is also the issue that all emulated systems are based on Linux emulation and that is still some way behind PC emulators such as WinUAE and MAME. But equally it's cool to have a dedicated retro hardware setup like this to play around with. And being small you can have it anywhere. Also good for a mini arcade cabinet setup.

It depends what you want to do with it really. For Amiga only at the moment I would be more tempted by the Vampire accelerators.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 17:04 15th April 2016
I don't know much about it, but someone brought one to a recent LAG meeting and it looked cool .
[Reply]
Puni/Void 08:28 17th April 2016
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll go for it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up