Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Favourite Amiga adventure?
Harrison 16:45 16th April 2007
If you had to select a single Adventure game out of all for the Amiga, which single title would you pick? and why?

For me it is Future Wars. Secret of Monkey Island may be a better title overall and MI2 even more so, but Future Wars was one of the first graphical adventures I really got into and couldn't put down until I completed it.

A close second for me was Lure of the Temptress. It may look a little bland graphically by today's standards, but it was a game I remember waiting for the release of and was not disappointed. It was the first to experiment with realtime events in game, where characters went about their daily lives and you had to time visits and events to specific times of the day in the game. The game also had a great story with many twists and a lot of puzzle solving.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:41 17th April 2007
That is a tough one. I also liked Future Wars, although I did never finish the game. To nominate a favorite one is quite impossible. I can only speak for those I've played, and have to say that probably my favorite one was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I also enjoyed the second instalment of Leisure Suit Larry, it was quite funny to play, unfortunately the game died when trying to read on the 3rd and last disk, pure amiga fun I never got a working copy (The amiga had no @torrent )
[Reply]
Harrison 09:02 17th April 2007
That was definitely one of the worst moments in the Amiga days, when you were playing a game, swapped disks and received a read error or the insert disk text would just remain on the screen forever I remember such occasions well. It was much worse when the games were originals, as you couldn't just get another copy from a friend.

Or when a friend copied a game for you, but one of the disks didn't work. Almost as annoying as getting the game to work but then never working out the controls!
[Reply]
LowercaseE 13:50 17th April 2007
I have to go with Monkey Island. That game was one of the first of that kind of game that I played and I absolutely loved it. Even to this day it's still entertaining and can present a decent challenge if you haven't played it for a while.
[Reply]
cicobuff 13:19 18th April 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
A close second for me was Lure of the Temptress. It may look a little bland graphically by today's standards, but it was a game I remember waiting for the release of and was not disappointed. It was the first to experiment with realtime events in game, where characters went about their daily lives and you had to time visits and events to specific times of the day in the game. The game also had a great story with many twists and a lot of puzzle solving.
For me Lure of the temptress WAS my favourite, mainly because it was the only adventure game I managed to play through without using a solution guide. As much as the monkey island games were great, I was left scratching my head without any walkthroughs, same with the excellent Legend Of Kyrandia and even Revolution Software's Beneath A Steel Sky I found to be harder than their Lure of the temptress debut.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:12 20th April 2007
EoB by far...that was the sh1t....I finished EoB I, but man did it take me ages...thank god I had it saved on the HD....
[Reply]
Harrison 23:08 20th April 2007
EoB? As in Eye of the Beholder? If so, that's an RPG, not an adventure. Still a great game though.
[Reply]
Submeg 04:30 21st April 2007
Yea I guess so....lol
[Reply]
Toasty667 11:23 8th May 2007
Beneath A Steel Sky. It's the only one I ever played at that point! But I did like the funny dialog between the two main characters, "You've turned me into a vacuum cleaner!" as an example. And I have always enjoyed games with plenty of story.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:11 8th May 2007
Have you played many more from the Amiga since Toasty? Monkey Island for example?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up