Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Gotek and Workbench question
jon.bradstreet 19:16 12th July 2015
I want to move programs from my usb Gotek to my SCSI hard drive. What I'm currently doing is select 000 to run selector choose adfs to slots 1-xxx. Remove usb after save and reset. Hd boots to WB 2.1. insert usb into Gotek. I then can't access df0. Any guidance. I'm on a souped up A2k.

Sent by homing missile from my HTC one M8
[Reply]
Harrison 19:50 12th July 2015
The USB stick needs to be in the Gotek drive when you turn the Amiga on, or it won't boot the selector list and set the Gotek's memory slots up with the selected ADFs. This is why it can't access it when you try to insert the USB stick after booting into Windows.

An alternative could be to include a blank adf file on the USB stick and have this selected when you reset the Amiga, then the Amiga should see the disk as blank and boot from your HDD. Once booted you can then move between the ADFs you have already setup in your selector slots on the ADF and they will appear in Workbench as if you were removing and inserting different disks.

I hope that helps? And welcome to Classicamiga.
[Reply]
jon.bradstreet 19:59 12th July 2015
Originally Posted by Harrison:
The USB stick needs to be in the Gotek drive when you turn the Amiga on, or it won't boot the selector list and set the Gotek's memory slots up with the selected ADFs. This is why it can't access it when you try to insert the USB stick after booting into Windows.

An alternative could be to include a blank adf file on the USB stick and have this selected when you reset the Amiga, then the Amiga should see the disk as blank and boot from your HDD. Once booted you can then move between the ADFs you have already setup in your selector slots on the ADF and they will appear in Workbench as if you were removing and inserting different disks.

I hope that helps? And welcome to Classicamiga.
Cool beans I will give it a go!

[Reply]
jon.bradstreet 21:06 12th July 2015
No go. When it brings up WB it hangs with the stop watch mouse pointer.

[Reply]
Kin Hell 09:36 13th July 2015
@ Jon

Heh, cool beans..... I love that saying!
[Reply]
Harrison 10:45 14th July 2015
Strange, that shouldn't have anything to do with the Gotek because it is just an emulator, and to the Amiga it is seeing a real floppy drive with a blank disk inside.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
voyager1701e 10:27 24th September 2015
The thread is a bit old...but has the Gotek worked before? If it has, did you use the same memory stick? Have you tried a different memory stick?

I've found the Gotek does not like all memory sticks. And on those that were picky, computer freezing has happened.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up