Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: checksum error
Aristotle 21:12 14th April 2015
Can anyone here advise a rather novice user (A3000) about why he is getting an error message, "checksum error on disk block..." almost every time he tries to load a program from the 3.5 floppy onto the hard drive?
[Reply]
Harrison 22:31 14th April 2015
Normally means a corrupt disk or a faulty drive. It the checksum error from the floppy disk drive or the harddrive? If it's the floppy drive then the actual drive is probably fault and needs replacing. If it's the harddrive it might need to have a full format and everything reinstalled.
[Reply]
Aristotle 00:20 15th April 2015
Well when it says there is a checksum error it gives the name of the program I'm trying to load as the disk with the error; thus, "ClipArt has a checksum error on disk block xxx". And it doesn't matter what program it is. So I'm guessing that shows my floppy drive is no good.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 12:08 20th April 2015
Originally Posted by Aristotle:
Well when it says there is a checksum error it gives the name of the program I'm trying to load as the disk with the error; thus, "ClipArt has a checksum error on disk block xxx". And it doesn't matter what program it is. So I'm guessing that shows my floppy drive is no good.
Actually, no. - It could also mean your floppy disk has expired. If other floppy disks read & write okay, then the drive has to be okay, .....making the floppy disk the culprit.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up