Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Carmageddon: Reincarnation
Harrison 10:08 12th November 2014
Did any enjoy the PC racer Carmageddon back in the 90's?

Good news, both games are being remade as Carmageddon: Reincarnation.

And the alpha is already available to purchase via Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249380/

Looks very nice, and true to the original from the videos. Time to splat some zombies and old grannies again!

I wonder if the blood will be green again in Germany!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:53 12th November 2014
I liked quite a bit, was really funny. I sometimes fired it up to play for one hour or so, but not more. Didn't have the long time motivation for me. I'm a bit skeptic when it comes to remakes for games like these, very often they just suck.
[Reply]
Teho 15:05 12th November 2014
Guess what? I've backed this game's development as well.

At the lowest level that'd get me the game though. I'm excited for it played the second game a lot and it's the same developers. The terrible third game was by a different company. But I'm not so excited that I wanted to try it before it's finished. I'll wait for release, but it looks like it's turning out great!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:09 12th November 2014
I looked now at some of the pre-alpha version videos, and I think it looks Ok so far. The tracks are nicely done.

Problem is that a the moment it seems that only 50% or even less is about driving, and the rest is about killing cows or people. And computer AI is like a turd.

People also seem to walk around without any plan in the middle of the street/track, which looks quite stupid.

Still a lot needs to be done I guess, so let's hope for the best.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:11 13th November 2014
Originally Posted by :
People also seem to walk around without any plan in the middle of the street/track, which looks quite stupid.
I also notice that. A lot of people walking in the middle of the track, and a group of cows on the road when there is plenty of space available on the sides... looks stupid...
[Reply]
Kin Hell 12:55 17th November 2014
@ H

Oh yes!

@ Tiago

It's not a simulation but yes, this kind of stupid is just great fun even if you only have 20 minutes to kill. (pardon the phun)
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up