Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Finally back online!
Harrison 12:21 13th September 2014
After moving back to my own house at the end of last month, BT finally reconnected my internet (Infinity connection)! I've had good service and no issues until now so not too bad, but had to wait nearly 2 weeks for it to be connected this time.

Some stupid person had booked an engineer to connect the internet 2 days before the phoneline was connected, so a bit obvious that it wouldn't work, and the Indian call centre I had to ring couldn't understand the reason and just said I would be contacted later in the week... however I instead received an email 2 days later saying they had put in a new order for BT Infinity and it would be connected today (almost 2 weeks later). Oh well, at least it is now.

And not bad bandwidth and ping time either!

3757170062.png

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:07 13th September 2014
Faster than 93% of GB
[Reply]
zapiy 15:34 13th September 2014
Great stuff fella...
[Reply]
Kin Hell 15:29 15th September 2014
Shame you're not as quick with Pics of ur WareZ for sale, .....as ur connection is.....

As a matter of interest H; - How far from the Cabinet are you?
[Reply]
Harrison 15:33 15th September 2014
About 200 metres.

I've not forgotten the pictures mate, with the house moving and sorting everything out (including cleaning and doing the whole garden at the rented place) I've only just started to get everything back to normal.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 15:37 15th September 2014
I know you haven't bud & np either.

I'm about 750m away with reduced downstream & Upstream SNR's by 75%. Total poo for gaming on because of...... It's like you have an elastic connection ffs!

Connection Pic on my Sig is old. I'm now down to this:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3761834882

The Upload speed hits about 4.5 & then slowly increases to it's max by the end of the test. Utter pant's & so indicative of just how "Elastic" my internet experience is from this address.
In the last 4 weeks, I've seen 15m/s pings to Google hit 36 & now have settled back down @ 24m/s. Complaining about this got me a Deadlock letter from Sky. So I now have one from them as well as BT. Too hilarious.....
[Reply]
Harrison 06:59 16th September 2014
A few exchanges have been upgraded for FTTP ready for Infinity 3 (160mb) and Infinity 4 (300mb) but I don't know of anyone whom can actually order it yet. Upload bandwidth is still going to be much lower at 30mb though. And you also need to pay for the fibre to be installed from the cabinet to your house, costing a rumored £2000!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:02 16th September 2014
They all look pretty good .

I haven't done a test for a while, but I just did one now, and got this:

That's not bad for ADSL.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:25 16th September 2014
Have you been tempted by Infinity Steve? I would imagine your area is activated now.

Many people say they don't see a point in upgrading because they don't download much, but when you can download at 10MB/s downloads start to become almost instant and it does make the whole internet experience so much nicer without the waiting... plus no buffering during video streaming and this makes it brilliant for anytime services such as Sky Anytime and streaming services such as iPlayer.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 15:41 16th September 2014
I'm pretty sure we'd be able to get it here, but I've not checked. I'm still enjoying the 13Mbps after being stuck with 2Mbps for so long .

I don't think I would have much use for infinity. With my ADSL I can already watch HD video quite well. If it stops, it usually isn't buffering, but rather something (e.g. YouTube) which has screwed up.

In future, fibre will be useful, but at the moment, it isn't worth the cost, especially with us getting our ADSL and phone line at a rather knock down price. It seems quite reliable as well at the moment (fingers crossed).
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up