Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
2 3 4 5 6
Thread: Elite: Dangerous
Tiago 10:07 26th January 2015
Hi,
just gave a bit more time to the game.
I bought the laser for mining and the refinery.

First time i went minning, spend 30 minutes to get the 100% of a mineral, and then it would not end in stock as a final finish mineral. I didn't had any cargo available.... i had to buy a 2 cargo slot.
Went again, and this time i was able to do it. I did some material and sell it for +/- 450.
Later i found Silver, but i couldn't find more then 40%, looks like the asteroid run out of silver, and the others around it, here dry....

My refinery can only process one mineral at a time. I guess there are better ones...

Question: i do see a lot of systems that don't show how many stations there are... some of them let you buy a "map". Is there any way to buy the info, but for a larger area?

Other question: i am only into buy/sell/mining so far. i see a lot of mini-missions were they ask to kill one or two pirates for about 15000cr are they difficult? Should i need better shields/weapons? I don't want to be killed and loose the few things i got...
[Reply]
Harrison 14:20 26th January 2015
Systems get more dangerous the further out you go from the centrally occupied ones. The less habited planets and stations the more likely you will run into more trouble. If the missions are in the core systems you shouldn't have too much trouble.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:22 26th January 2015
Well i didn't went to far away. Maybe 10 systems only. I will collect a bit more money to improve my weapons and then try some action!
I love the game, very good. My laptop can manage graphics but i have some Frame per second reduction when i jump drive, nothing serious.
[Reply]
Teho 15:26 26th January 2015
Originally Posted by :
My refinery can only process one mineral at a time. I guess there are better ones...
Yep. The more expensive ones are better. They process more minerals and need less ore to do it. That's the general rule of thumb, the cheapest equipment performs very poorly. The cheapest fuel scoop which costs virtually nothing for example, it works but take ages to refuel with. More expensive ones are much faster.

Originally Posted by :
Question: i do see a lot of systems that don't show how many stations there are... some of them let you buy a "map". Is there any way to buy the info, but for a larger area?
No. Basically the ones you don't have the map for you need to discover yourself, or as you say you can sometimes buy the map for them. But the stations in a system will show up in your navigation screen once you've jumped there, even if you don't have the data for the system.

Originally Posted by :
i see a lot of mini-missions were they ask to kill one or two pirates for about 15000cr are they difficult? Should i need better shields/weapons? I don't want to be killed and loose the few things i got...
You should be relatively fine if you've had some combat experience. Have you done the tutorial? Stay away from the ones that pay hundreds of thousands though, those are usually elite anacondas you really don't want to mess with! You needn't worry too much about getting killed, the insurance cost to get what you had back is very low. You can in fact see exactly how much it is on your reputation screen on the right. The starter sidewinder is always free so you will only need to cover the equipment you've bought. But it's like 10% or something, very little.
[Reply]
Tiago 17:54 28th January 2015
Yesterday i went for mining, i was able to find Silver. Very nice price, after, i could only find metals that don't have nay value.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
2 3 4 5 6
Up