Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: The upcoming Wasteland 2
Harrison 23:24 19th October 2014
That is the problem isn't it...just so many great games to play at the moment, and from the recent past. I have been put off buying this as a pre-release on Steam due to the price though.. I will probably get Alien and Elite before this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
[Reply]
Teho 10:34 20th October 2014
I've been playing this lately. It's a fantastic old-school rpg alright which you definitely should check out. And long, I've put over eighty hours into it and I *think* I just triggered the start of the endgame, though not certain.
[Reply]
Harrison 10:26 21st October 2014
80 hours is definitely a very good length for an RPG. So many games these days are way too short, under 15-20 hours.

I definitely will get it eventually, but will wait until it's in a steam sale or bundle deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
[Reply]
Teho 14:34 21st October 2014
The thing with these long games is that they take forever for me to play now. Which is kind of bad as my backlog is tremendous (see sig). I'm just before the final battle now, and I started playing four weeks ago. Back in the day I could go through something like this in around one week. Of course, back in the day I was still capable of staying up way too late and still function at work the day after. No longer possible I'm afraid. And I could easily stay glued to a game an entire weekend with no regard for anything else. Now I'm too conscious of all the other things I need to get done to do something like that. Getting old and responsible sucks.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:56 28th October 2014
Some good news for anyone wishing to buy this game... I've just found it for just £13.99 Bargain!

http://play-sc.com/Wasteland-2-PC-Do...Steam-Key.html

If you haven't heard of Play-SC.com before, I've been using them for a long time and are great for discount game keys.
[Reply]
Ghost 14:23 16th December 2014
So what are people's experiences with this game so far?

To be honest, I am somewhat disappointed but I do realize that the fault lies partly with myself as I never played the original Wasteland.
I had expected something like Fallout 1/2 and it turned out to be somewhat different, more combat focused with only limited non combat RPG elements.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:59 16th December 2014
Didn't try it yet, although I love this kind of 3D isometric graphic style RPGs.

Didn't you try Shadowrun yet? Is it perhaps better? Shadowrun: Dragonfall got some real good reviews.
[Reply]
Ghost 22:24 21st December 2014
Totally forgot to respond here.
It is not a bad game Demon Cleaner, it was just not what I had hoped it to be.

As for Shadowrun, problem is that I really don't like the fantasy elements.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:04 22nd December 2014
I've still not had chance to play this yet, and it will be even longer now that Elite is released.. plus others games like Wolfenstein, Alien, and Shadow of Mordor currently being played.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:33 22nd December 2014
Plus you still need to read some books
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up