Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: International Amiga Day
Buleste 09:27 22nd May 2014
The 31st of May is International Amiga Day. A whole day dedicated to everything that our miggys stand for.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/0...-31052014.html
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 13:47 23rd May 2014
Cool. What's everyone going to do for the Amiga day?
[Reply]
Harrison 13:57 23rd May 2014
Well, I've just got hold of a Gotek Floppy drive emulator, so will be installing that in my A600. I can then boot up some games from that on the 31st.

Would have loved to have the newly acquired A4000 Tower up and running with OS4 classic, but the motherboard needs to be repaired and refurbished first.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:43 23rd May 2014
Does it work fine? did you test it with many games?
[Reply]
Harrison 16:54 23rd May 2014
The Gotek Floppy drive emulator?

I've only just received it so not had chance to play with it yet. These do work really well. Think of it like a HcX but a lot cheaper. The difference is that the Gotek as standard only reads PC file images, whereas a HcX supports multiple formats and systems out of the box. But someone hacked the firmware and made their own firmware for Amiga use, so you just flash the drive and then it's ready to go. Just stick ADFs on a USB stick and you load them like floppies in the Amiga.

Someone on Amibay ordered and flashed the drive for me, plus provided a usb flasher for future firmware updates. Total cost £27.

I will post pictures and my findings when I try it out.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 14:32 7th June 2014
Originally Posted by Harrison:
The Gotek Floppy drive emulator?

I've only just received it so not had chance to play with it yet. These do work really well. Think of it like a HcX but a lot cheaper. The difference is that the Gotek as standard only reads PC file images, whereas a HcX supports multiple formats and systems out of the box. But someone hacked the firmware and made their own firmware for Amiga use, so you just flash the drive and then it's ready to go. Just stick ADFs on a USB stick and you load them like floppies in the Amiga.

Someone on Amibay ordered and flashed the drive for me, plus provided a usb flasher for future firmware updates. Total cost £27.

I will post pictures and my findings when I try it out.
Was that a guy called mjnurney?
[Reply]
Harrison 21:51 7th June 2014
No, it was a fellow staff member.. John.. ;-)
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up