Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Need To Find An Old Magazine
petersavo 21:54 21st March 2014
Need Help Identifying An Old Amiga Magazine

Im hoping someone on this forum can help me. Sometime around 1990 ish (not too certain of the year but it is around this time) my brother had some of his deluxe paint 4 art printed in the readers gallery section of a magazine. His 40th birthday is coming up and I would love to track the mag down to give it to him for his birthday.*

I was almost certain that the magazine was Amiga Action, so I bought one from around this time off ebay just to see if it was the right mag, but there was no readers gallery to be seen. So now I'm stuck and hope someone can help.

Can anyone remember an amiga mag from this time that had a section that printed readers pictures? The mags I used to buy at this time were Amiga Action, Zero, One Magazine and maybe a few others.*

If anyone here still has old amiga mags and finds one with a readers gallery then the pictures that were printed were of Sylvester Stallone with a USA flag draped over him and one of Arnold Swarzenegger. Naff I know but we were young.

I remember him drawing these pictures on deluxe paint, pixel by pixel and it was the first time we realised that my little bro had some talent. He now runs his own design company.

Sorry for the long post but it would mean so much to me, and him if I could locate this mag, and of course I would pay if anyone had the mag and would be willing to part with it.

Any information would help.
Thanks
Pete.
[Reply]
Harrison 09:13 25th March 2014
I actually remember those images. It might have been Cu Amiga or Amiga Format. I've got complete collections of both stored at my parents house. Next time I'm there I can have a look for you and let you know the magazine and issue if I find the images.
[Reply]
Tiago 11:43 25th March 2014
Amiga Format had a section with images created by users. There is a website will all magazines in pdf i think, try search the web you will find it.
[Reply]
Phantom 18:24 10th April 2014
As far as I remember Amiga Format and CU Amiga had such sections, try there first.
[Reply]
DonAmiga 09:43 11th April 2014
This one was found over at eab, it turned out to be in Amiga Action issue 8 your can see a picture of it here:http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=946926&postcount=34
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:32 11th April 2014
Well there it is, J. Savo.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:39 11th April 2014
Nice. Anyone have an idea what year and month Issue 8 was? I never purchased Amiga Action so I definitely didn't remember it from there, so they must have also appeared in another magazine around the same time, or even on a coverdisk. If I knew the year/month I can look in the magazines around the same time.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:18 11th April 2014
Amiga Action issue 8 is dated May 1990.

[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up