Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: [PC] - Memory issues
Kin Hell 23:59 29th November 2013
@ DC

Open up Task Manager under Win8 or 8.1 & disable ALL your Start-up programs.

If under earlier versions of WinBlows, open the run cmd & type "msconfig". Again, disable ALL programs you have on the start-up tab. I can not get my head around this feature of Windows. It does nothing more than soak up Ram in a very unnecessary way. A pointless feature that abuses & uses your system Ram. It might load the program quicker for when you first run the program but it also slows down your computer boot time & strips precious Ram in the process.

Also, it's not a good idea to mix Ram size modules, even more so different speed rated Ram, especially on Dual Channel boards with 4 Simm slots. If you have to, be sure you install the pair of Bigger Ram modules in the primary Dual Channel slots & a word of warning here: - Consult your Mobo manual as to which pair of Coloured Slots are the Primary Pair.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:34 1st December 2013
I always check from time to time under msconfig which programs start that I don't need necessarily and I disable them, doing this since I have PCs.

I'm using Win 7 Home Edition 64-bit.
Mainboard is an Asus P7P55D-E LX
Memory Slots 1&3: Patriot DDR3 1333EL Series 2GB modules
Memory Slots 2&4: Corsair DDR3 CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 4GB modules

Like I said, it happens very rarely.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 14:40 1st December 2013
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
I always check from time to time under msconfig which programs start that I don't need necessarily and I disable them, doing this since I have PCs.

I'm using Win 7 Home Edition 64-bit.
Mainboard is an Asus P7P55D-E LX
Memory Slots 1&3: Patriot DDR3 1333EL Series 2GB modules
Memory Slots 2&4: Corsair DDR3 CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 4GB modules

Like I said, it happens very rarely.
Try putting the higher density modules in Slots 1 & 3.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up