Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: How to remove Linux and install Windoze 7 again?
Harrison 15:38 26th October 2013
Strange. Normally you can just boot from a Windows install CD and when the installer starts you access the hdd setup screen and can just completely wipe out the mbr, setup new partitions and go from there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
[Reply]
Kin Hell 17:16 26th October 2013
Originally Posted by Phantom:
Don't get me wrong mate, but I really don't remember. Some sudo something remove grub something commands.
Not in the slightest bud ....and don't take me wrong either! - You just did it the Greek way....

@ Harrison

He didn't have a WinBlowZ CD to use at the time. One of those pesky Acer affairs that fell over itself because Grub was on the MBR. He only had restore disks as supplied by vend0r.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:22 26th October 2013
manufacturers cost cutting by not supplying proper install discs. Even worse when they don't even do that and just include the files in a recovery partition. Very useful when the hdd fails!

With Windows 8 at least, if you have your s/n then you can log into Windows/M$ site and download the os install iso.

I always grab a retail copy of each Windows so I have an original install disc, however win 8 was the first I didn't do this. I took advantage of a special deal to grab win 8 for £15 when it was released and it linked to an iso download.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:46 31st October 2013
Originally Posted by Harrison:
<....snip....>

With Windows 8 at least, if you have your s/n then you can log into Windows/M$ site and download the os install iso.

<....snip....>
Aye, if you can actually read the friggin thing..... HOW small?? - Not so easy for us 0ld0r gits ya know.

I had to put me Specs on & still felt I needed a magnifying glass.
[Reply]
Phantom 16:19 31st October 2013
Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
Not in the slightest bud ....and don't take me wrong either! - You just did it the Greek way....
Exactly... (Greek way always works)
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up