Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread: Finally getting fibre broadband!!!
Harrison 15:20 9th September 2013
You can easily switch the whole feature off if you don't want it used via a single toggle in the router's settings, so not all bad... although obviously you also disable your access to the same network when out and about.
[Reply]
DonAmiga 10:16 18th September 2013
I had a quick look on e-bay and see you can bid on unopened BT hub 4 so thought I'd have a bid which I won fairly cheap As the last time I tried to get a free upgrade hub from BT, would only give one out if yours is broken and infinity doesn't seem to be coming here till next March. Hoping to have some improvement as lately there seems to be lots of wifi signals in my area and I see the hub 4 has 5GHz signal.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:50 20th September 2013
Originally Posted by DonAmiga:
I had a quick look on e-bay and see you can bid on unopened BT hub 4 so thought I'd have a bid which I won fairly cheap As the last time I tried to get a free upgrade hub from BT, would only give one out if yours is broken and infinity doesn't seem to be coming here till next March. Hoping to have some improvement as lately there seems to be lots of wifi signals in my area and I see the hub 4 has 5GHz signal.
Our iPad Gen4 is dropping out of service sometimes so I might try & blag a free Hub4 from the tight gits.....
[Reply]
Harrison 13:53 20th September 2013
The Hub4 uses switching WiFi frequencies and constantly scans for the best signal, so is probably a good upgrade if you are having wireless issues.

However, it's an Apple device mate! You have to expect these things.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:56 20th September 2013
Originally Posted by Harrison:
The Hub4 uses switching WiFi frequencies and constantly scans for the best signal, so is probably a good upgrade if you are having wireless issues.

However, it's an Apple device mate! You have to expect these things.
Yeah, but SkyGo never drops out. ....Is probably the App used at the time but f'k em, I'm still going to try & blag one....
[Reply]
Harrison 14:02 20th September 2013
Is worth a shot. You also get a Gigabit port for connecting up a switch too so that is useful.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 20:29 23rd September 2013
The BT Hub 3 also has a Gigabit port too.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:09 23rd September 2013
Really? That isn't what it said in the Hub 4 announcement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
[Reply]
Kin Hell 07:58 27th September 2013
3 of the 4 ports are 100Mbit & the fourth is Gigabit. Also, I can't get my Netgear Switch to see the internet unless I use the Gigabit port on the Hub3.

Had mine since June last year. Maybe a different version of Hub3 but it's BT & I really don't care.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:13 27th September 2013
That is very strange. In theory the ports on a broadband router are literally just a standard router, routing the data to every point at once, so a switch should work with any of them in the same way. Saying that, I only use the Gigabit port on my Hub 4, connected to a Zyxel Gigabit switch.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Up