Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: WinFellow Alpha v0.5.1 build 880
Demon Cleaner 10:35 16th April 2013
Seems that WinFellow is back. I preferred it at the time to UAE, which didn't have an GUI at all, but was only DOS based.

Originally Posted by :
After several years of development, we are proud to announce the availability of a new, major update of WinFellow. There are a lot of changes and enhancements in version 0.5.1; for a full list, please refer to the new user guide or the ChangeLog. Below is a summary of the changes:

- conversion of most of the former assembler code to C
- enhanced compatibility with many titles; the chipset interrupt handler was completely re-designed, and sound interrupt handling was changed as well, allowing execution of many titles that previously failed
- emulation of a battery backed real-time clock (Oki MSM 6242)
- support for 2 joysticks, usable simultaneously
- audio volume made controllable
- the LED overlays were changed to no longer be scaled or stretched, making them nicer to look at
- basic Cloanto Amiga Forever/RetroPlatform Player integration
- revamped debugger using a more modern GUI design
- ability to generate minidumps, which allows us to debug crashes that are reported to us
- updated PDF user guide
- update of project files to current Visual Studio (2012 Update 2 is used to compile the builds) and DirectX; the code can now be compiled using Visual Studio Express editions
- new versioning scheme, based on SVN revisions
- several minor bug and stability fixes

Have fun checking it out, and let us know what you think!

[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:05 16th April 2013
Interesting.

I'll have to try it out some time.

I remember years ago, for some reason I preferred WinFellow to WinUAE.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:04 16th April 2013
That is a blast from the past. It's development was stopped many years ago. Great to see it taken up again.

Will definitely have to try it out.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up