Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Graphics Tablets
Stephen Coates 08:35 13th April 2013
Anyone here got a graphics tablet?

I was pondering getting one, partially as a mouse replacement, and partially to help with drawing and precision work.

I am particularly looking into mouse alternatives because, as time progresses, I am getting worse at using them. I'm not as good at moving them precisely and my hands tend to get a little shaky which doesn't help.

For some reason graphics tablets seem quite appealing.
[Reply]
Harrison 19:07 13th April 2013
I recommend you look at the Wacom Bamboo range. They are really cool because they support both pen and multitouch control, so you can use them like a large laptop touchpad for things like dragging windows, swipping between pictures, or pinch zooming. And can then use a really accurate pen to do more precise work.

http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?pid=9240&lang=en

You can also buy many different pens and accessories to go with them.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 09:48 14th April 2013
I saw the Bamboo ones a while back and thought they looked cool. Maybe I'll get one.

Have you used one Harrison?
[Reply]
Harrison 23:47 14th April 2013
I've got an older Wacom Intuos tablet and it's great. Really does make working with graphics so much easier than using just a mouse.

I have also used Bamboo tablets to test them out and when visiting events and they are very nice, and perfect for general use where graphics work isn't the only requirement. They can also be found for not much money.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up