Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Easter
Harrison 10:33 29th March 2013
What's everyone doing over the Easter weekend?

Planning to eat lots of chocolate eggs? Going away anywhere? Anyone have to work?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:37 29th March 2013
Nothing Easter related.

But tomorrow we're having a party for my grandfather's 80th birthday . That should be fun.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:22 29th March 2013
That's a good age to reach. I hope he is in full health and enjoys his celebration. It definitely is one to celebrate.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 07:18 30th March 2013
Originally Posted by Harrison:
That's a good age to reach. I hope he is in full health and enjoys his celebration. It definitely is one to celebrate.
Not quite. He had his replacement hip replaced a while back, as well as a knee replacement recently. But he's much better now .
[Reply]
Harrison 09:10 30th March 2013
Common at that age, but good because it means he won't be stuck in a chair, or be limited in his mobility. So many older people refuse to get such treatment and end up stuck in the house.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:44 2nd April 2013
Went for lunch with my parents. The day before my girlfriend drove secretly to an English shop called "Little Britain" (how obvious is that?), and bought me tons of chocolates, mainly stuff you cannot get here in normal supermarkets, like Cadbury f.ex.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:57 2nd April 2013
Very nice of her. Did you get any Cadbury's Easter Eggs, or just normal chocolate? I personally don't think you can beat their chocolate myself, and don't get why they haven't managed to sell it more widely in other countries?

I suppose it's similar to the UK not getting much confectionery from the USA, however we do now get some Hershey chocolate over here, mostly the peanut stuff, and I think the chocolate tastes like plastic!

I didn't get anything from my wife! Very sad as I bought her a really nice Elizabeth Shaw Easter Egg. But she has been really busy with work and not really had time, so I let her off. She did make up for it as we were visiting some shops near my mother-in-law and they had box sets of Thornton's Mint selection. Very nice.. and all gone already!

Tom also enjoyed his first Easter. My wife's Cousin (Tom's first cousin once removed) came over with lots of chocolate eggs and we hid them all around Granddad's garden. He really enjoyed finding them.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 15:02 2nd April 2013
Not had any eggs. Can't see the point. I eat lots of chocolate anyway .

Originally Posted by :
(Tom's first cousin once removed)
Well done for keeping up.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:16 2nd April 2013
How relatives are linked can get very confusing!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:57 2nd April 2013
I got also some eggs, loving the Cadbury Egg 'n' Spoon Chocolate Mousse.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up