Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Classic Amiga is Bugged to bits for me??
Kin Hell 21:04 16th February 2013
Using Windows 7 64Bit with IE9 which is all updated, this site is messed up for me in several annoying ways. Here's a couple of Examples:

Screwed Up 1.jpg

Screwed Up 2.jpg

^^^^^^

The only way I can use this forum in a decent manner is to use Chrome. No other forum I use suffers this indignity.
I've cleared cookies, history, everything & even checked my system for corrupt files. No errors were found at all.

Any ideas Dave?
[Reply]
Harrison 00:35 17th February 2013
Might sound silly to some, but I don't support IE. Don't have time to waste pandering to those that refuse to use a proper browser that actually supports web standards!
[Reply]
Kin Hell 08:57 19th February 2013
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Might sound silly to some, but I don't support IE. Don't have time to waste pandering to those that refuse to use a proper browser that actually supports web standards!

[Reply]
Harrison 10:28 19th February 2013
IE is crap mate. It just refuses to adhere to web standards and doesn't format pages according to CSS standards. With many sites I often end up having to spend days just creating additional layout templates that load in for IE to force it to play ball.

I never understand why anyone still uses it. Not when you have Chrome, Firefox, Opera and others available.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 11:01 19th February 2013
I hear ya Dave, but this was a fresh install of WinblowZ 7 64Bit that worked fine until a few weeks ago. I could understand file corruption being an issue but everything checks out ok & everything is up to date. What are the requisites for your front end? NET Framework, blah blah??
[Reply]
Harrison 12:24 19th February 2013
Nope. Pure XHTML and CSS2. Nothing special. Just shows how bad IE is at parsing/rendering something.

If and when I get some time I will take a look in IE and see if there is a fairly easy solution as it is annoying knowing some visitors are using IE and something is looking messed up for them.

Although I've a site look redesign planned for some point soon.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:46 19th February 2013
I already guessed that Dave, but just thought I'd ask. I have a serious passion of Hatred for NET Framework. AMD jumped on that crap with it being required to have CCC for ur Graphics card at desktop level years ago. Just another pile of bloatware on ur OS ffs.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:31 19th February 2013
And every game you install these days constantly wants to download and update the NET framework, and then DirectX drivers, before you can do anything. Why they can't just check what is already installed, see I have the latest versions and launch the game is beyond me.

They can code a complex game, but can't setup their installers correctly. Mad.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 19:56 19th February 2013
Harrison,

Just wondering what sort of percentage of viewers actually use IE?

I've barely touched it in years, but they keep updating it, and I still see it on machines such as those in college.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 20:32 19th February 2013
Originally Posted by Harrison:
And every game you install these days constantly wants to download and update the NET framework, and then DirectX drivers, before you can do anything. Why they can't just check what is already installed, see I have the latest versions and launch the game is beyond me.

They can code a complex game, but can't setup their installers correctly. Mad.
Yeah Dave, but why they want to evoke NET Framework as a front end is only an answer for sh*t coding, which is what happens for doing short cuts. Much like Amiga programmers going outside C='s guidlines of AmigaDOS coding. This is where games wouldn't run on anything over a 68000 CPU. - All that in place & Bill Gates & his cr4p are still pulling it. Hilarious mate, really.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up