Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Anyone have snow today?
Stephen Coates 14:15 22nd January 2013
Why do so many schools have to close?

Are they really scared of the children having a snowball fight?
[Reply]
Harrison 14:59 22nd January 2013
Health and Safely do come first! Especially with snow ball fights!

It is at the discretion of the Head and the Chairman of Governers at each school. If they feel they are putting risk upon their staff and pupils then they will take action and close. Some schools do go a bit far though, like my wife's school being shut Monday when there really was no need.

I remember when I was at school (all those years ago) we went to school if we could get there. They only decided to close if not enough pupils made it in, or if something had happened to the school, such as a flat roof being at risk due to weight of snow. Biggest issue I had was living in a rural location and the school coach couldn't always get there in snow.

BTW, it is snowing heavily again here now. Started about 30 mins ago but is very wet and just creating puddles. Not laying at all. Annoying to drive in though.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 12:53 27th January 2013
Schools were always open when I were a lad.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:48 6th February 2013
We had again snow during last night, when I got up this morning, we had about 10cm, and there will be probably still more during this week.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 14:59 7th February 2013
Still no snow here. Had those polystyrene looking balls of snow, ya know....looks like fluffy hailstones & they melted away after a few hours. We have been warned of more cold weather this weekend, but so far, we've been very lucky. Daffodils are days away from flowering already in my garden, but the frost could give them a poor year this time around. I reckon it's all to do with the Mayan Calendar end on Dec 21st last year. Rumour had it that all our planets in our solar system were supposed to align on Dec 21st, yet they didn't. What did happen though was this:

Our Sun, Earth & the Black Hole @ the centre of the Milkyway Galaxy (which is our Galaxy) aligned perfectly. Hardrly suprising that our Jet Stream is miles further North than it should be with that huge black hole's gravatational pull yanking on us. It's perfectly feasible as to why our weather is so f'kd up globally atm. Severely cold in the north & so damned hot in the South, Australia has been on fire big time. Other beings must have visited this planet years ago for the Mayans to predict such an accurate calendar, unless of course the Mayans had space travel back then. lol
[Reply]
Harrison 20:18 7th February 2013
It definitely has been mad weather over the past year.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 21:36 8th February 2013
Originally Posted by Harrison:
It definitely has been mad weather over the past year.
Originally Posted by Kin Hell:
<snip> I reckon it's all to do with the Mayan Calendar end on Dec 21st last year. Rumour had it that all our planets in our solar system were supposed to align on Dec 21st, yet they didn't. What did happen though was this:

Our Sun, Earth & the Black Hole @ the centre of the Milkyway Galaxy (which is our Galaxy) aligned perfectly. Hardrly suprising that our Jet Stream is miles further North than it should be with that huge black hole's gravatational pull yanking on us. It's perfectly feasible as to why our weather is so f'kd up globally atm. Severely cold in the north & so damned hot in the South, Australia has been on fire big time. Other beings must have visited this planet years ago for the Mayans to predict such an accurate calendar, unless of course the Mayans had space travel back then. lol

No comment on my Logical thesis then?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 04:19 11th February 2013
It was snowing again this night, and this morning when I went to work, there were already 5cm, and it was still storming.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 04:57 11th February 2013
We got a little bit of snow yesterday. Not much though.

Its gone cold again though. Not as cold as it has been, but still cold.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:43 11th February 2013
It was snowing quite heavily here this morning, but we have had so much rain in the last few days that it was never going to settle. In fact, I've had to keep running our sump pump to drain the back garden for the last couple of days.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up