Lol, heart attack at the age of 25...
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:50 28th March 2007
Originally Posted by :
Nintendo, being the masters of creativity
That's your point of view perhaps.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:06 28th March 2007
One day it might happen DC. You might actually be shocked at the enjoyment Nintendo games can deliver. Well I did say might.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:16 28th March 2007
When I see them playing on the Wii on TV, and always complaining about the Wiimote (or what is that thing called?), that most of the games are simply unplayable with it, I cannot see the "creativity".

They released now SSX Blur (or something like that), and they tested it on 2 TV shows, but it seemed impossible to play with the remote. Even racing games, where you take your remote like a wheel, are just unplayable.

The only games that are really playable, are the +2 years games, which I can get by easily. And shooting with toilet brushes at silly rabbits may perhaps be funny for 10 minutes, if even.

Wiisports may also be funny, if you never played Virtua Tennis, Tiger Woods PGA Tour or Fight Night, else --> down the drain.

"Diimon Cliiner"
[Reply]
Harrison 14:40 28th March 2007
Oh I agree with you regarding the Wii, I hate the control system as it just doesn't lend itself to any game genre other than the limited few Nintendo included with the system at launch. I much prefer the accuracy of a proper controller over the Wii remote any day.

For creativity I was referring more to Nintendo's ability to design games over the years. And as you mentioned these are the +2 year old games.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:27 28th March 2007
Originally Posted by :
And as you mentioned these are the +2 year old games.
I meant +2 in age (age above 2 years old ).
[Reply]
J T 16:56 28th March 2007
You guys NEED to check out excite truck, and not just the early simple levels. The control system for that works pretty damn well and is heaps of fun.

Aiming the bow and arrow while riding the horse in Zelda is marvellously intuitive.

Wiisports is incredibly simple yet fun. I haven't had anyone fail to enjoy the tennis and bowling (even my mum played for a bit).

I'm not saying the control system is suited for every game (it's not) but it is a lot better than you imagine.
[Reply]
Harrison 18:22 28th March 2007
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Originally Posted by :
And as you mentioned these are the +2 year old games.
I meant +2 in age (age above 2 years old ).
Oh right! So what you are basically saying is that you can only grasp games aimed at the 2+ age group?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:33 28th March 2007
What I'm saying is that most games that are released on the Wii that make good use of the remote, are 2+ games.
[Reply]
Harrison 18:43 28th March 2007
Just joking with you mate. I knew what you meant and I do agree. All games I have seen for the Wii that have been designed specifically for the Wii remote method of control could be picked up and played by a toddler (with maybe Zelda being the one true exception).

Originally Posted by :
You guys NEED to check out excite truck, and not just the early simple levels. The control system for that works pretty damn well and is heaps of fun.
Excite Truck? Have you seen MotorStorm on the PS3?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up