Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Got the Chaos Engine 1 and 2 now
Ghost 23:51 2nd August 2012
Hello all,

This is most likely not a really note worthy topic but I wanted to tell people that of today I now have the Amiga 1200 versions of The Chaos Engine 1 and 2 now in my collection.

Last week while looking on Ebay I caught an auction of an affordable copy of The Chaos Engine 2 (compared to the other two auctions this one was at least reasonable priced for a somewhat rare title) and I later bought The Chaos Engine 1 on an internet retro games store to complete the set.

The Chaos Engine 2 is not as enjoyable as Chaos Engine 1 in Single Player mode but like so many games I have bought over the years I collected them for what they represent in gaming history, and of course they are nice if simple games to play.

Bitmap Brothers' games had a quality that wasn't matched by many other developers (Reflections amongst other developers from Psygnosis and Team 17 perhaps?) at the time and their games feel really 'finished'.

I can be wrong but I think The Chaos Engine 2 was also the last release from the 'golden age' so to speak but I can be wrong.
If someone can confirm or deny it it would be appreciated.

PS. I also got a new copy of Apocalypse but I also had that one before but this one is nicer.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up