Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Music search
Submeg 07:02 24th March 2007
I have been going through my cds, and I have a couple cds which are mixtapes from a local DJ and I love these two cds...But I want to obtain the full songs. Can I make little sections of the songs and could people listen to them to try and help me figure it out?
[Reply]
Harrison 09:48 24th March 2007
Sure. Let me know if you need somewhere to upload the music clips as you are welcome to put them on the classicamiga server.
[Reply]
Submeg 09:55 24th March 2007
Cool, I just have to make the clips...should be able to do so in Wavestudio
[Reply]
Submeg 20:28 24th March 2007
Hey does anyone know of some software where I can just record the music being played by my cd? I cant do it in wavestudio...not picking up the audio
[Reply]
Submeg 07:10 25th March 2007
Ok, I've done it....after 6:25:35, and 48 MB later...its on the server
[Reply]
J T 12:19 25th March 2007
Originally Posted by Submeg:
....after 6:25:35, and 48 MB later...its on the server
Ouch, but good dedication though.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:37 25th March 2007
Yea tell me about, actually I'm surprised it didnt drop out. There are a few tracks that I already know, like "For the Love of the Money" and "Sweat the Technique" but the rest I have no idea...
[Reply]
Harrison 15:01 26th March 2007
You forgot to include a link to the file Submeg so everyone can have a listen and try to help identify the tracks.

So here is the link:

http://www.classicamiga.com/images/m...bmeg/Music.zip

So if you want to try and help Submeg identify the tracks you can listen to them by downloading this zip file.
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:05 26th March 2007
A028 almost certainly is 'Eye Of The Tiger' but doesn't sound like the original Survivor version. I'll have a listen to some covers and see if I can find a match.

A042 is Axel F in one form or another (again it doesn't quite sound like the original Harold Faltermeyer version, but the source isn't the best quality). See it's Wikipedia page for a list of artists that have performed it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axel_F

A066 is Sound of Da Police by KRS-One
[Reply]
Teho 18:42 26th March 2007
Couldn't really recognise any others than those AlexJ allready picked out, but I have to say the tracks 54 through 57 sounds a lot like something Snap could've made. That beat and ringing noise is almost a straight lift from The Power, but it isn't it. Could be some other Snap track though.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up