Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Amibay.com currently offline
Harrison 14:48 19th June 2012
Amibay.com is currently offline.

Thankfully this time it was not an attack on the site. The datacentre hosting the managed server thought it would be helpful to "upgrade" the server to different versions of both the Linux OS and the Apache server. These "upgrades" have caused a conflict with the code running Amibay and had caused it to stop running.

I am investigating the issue at the moment and hope to get the site back up and running as soon as possible.

Any questions, either post here, contact me directly on dave@classicamiga.com, or contact the Amibay Administration team on admin@amibay.com

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience caused by the downtime.

Harrison (Dave)
[Reply]
Harrison 11:42 21st June 2012
Update.

I've been talking to the Amibay server's datacentre, and basically they have somehow managed to break the server (not impressed). They are therefore now in the process of migrating Amibay to a shiny new server (at the same monthly price). This should be completed by the weekend and Amibay should then be fully up and running.

I apologise on behalf of the Amibay staff for the downtime and any issues it might have caused with outstanding transactions. Once Amibay is back up and running can I please ask all sellers to honour interests posted last Monday and allow 1 week for interested buyers to make contact to complete sales as it might take them a couple of days to realise the site is back up and running.

Time permitting I will try and send out a global "welcome back" email to all Amibay members once the site it back to alert you all.

Any questions please ask, and please feel free to use this classicamiga forum to finalise any trades if you need (as the Amibay staff can have access to information here to maintain Amibay's moderator help during transactions).
[Reply]
Phantom 12:59 21st June 2012
Okay Dave, it seems that AmiBay is immigrating to a brand new server it seems. Will you inform us here about the progress?
[Reply]
Merlin 13:18 21st June 2012
Yeah, no problem, Antonis......
[Reply]
Phantom 13:22 21st June 2012
Appreciated.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:24 21st June 2012
Merly! ......Ello boo!

@ Dave

The Hosts managed to break it? - Er, was it snapped in two or in several bits??
[Reply]
ChrisUnionNJ 16:29 21st June 2012
Hi All
1to1 is the host right if so i'm surprised they are not better
they take like 4 page ad's out in the magazines here in
the USA

[Reply]
Phantom 16:36 21st June 2012
Hey ChrisUnionNJ welcome to the forums.

As you can see from the colors, we are all VIPs here.
[Reply]
ChrisUnionNJ 17:55 21st June 2012
Originally Posted by Phantom:
Hey ChrisUnionNJ welcome to the forums.

As you can see from the colors, we are all VIPs here.
Hi Phantom glad to be here I might have two online homes now..

[Reply]
keropi 23:08 21st June 2012
Originally Posted by :
Dear keropi, welcome to the classicamiga.com Forum and thank you for recently joining. You have now been a member for 1494 days, but we notice you haven't posted anything yet.
wow how embarrassing!
glad to see the fine peeps here too so we can get the much needed updates!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up