Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: [PS3] - Dongle Free EBOOTS
Tiago 17:19 30th November 2012
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Nice. Will have to play it when i get time.
Regarding the eboots. How did they manage to do it with just eboots now, when a dongle was required before?
Good question! I read somewhere that they got the keys. Last time i checked almost every game is now possible to crack.
you don't even need the specific eboot, there is a software that reads the standard eboot and transforms it to a crack one.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:26 1st December 2012
But I take it you still need a PS3 on the older 3.55 firmware for it to work as you are still running unsigned code?

When they break it fully from the recently released master key and it will work for all firmwares, than that will be perfect. Although it will spell really bad trouble for Sony. I really would only want that to happen once they have released the PS4, then we can fully explore the PS3 without worrying about killing the platform.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:25 3rd December 2012
Yeah, the EBOOT files contain the keys, so no dongle is needed anymore. But you also get 4.21 and 4.30 CFW, where all the new games work just fine, only downside is that you can only fit 10 games on your HDD.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:40 3rd December 2012
Is that due to the Blu-ray iso sizes? Can you load then from external HDD with these eboot files?

interesting that there is now a 3.40 CFW. Do you have any links for more information? Would a 3.55 CFF PS3 be needed to then upgrade to the newer CFW?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:06 4th December 2012
I have no idea, didn't look into that at all, because where's the point? I think you can upgrade from any firmware to 4.30, don't know if you need a CFW.

Look at www.ps3hax.net for some information.

It's really only interesting for people with higher firmware than 3.55, as I also don't know if you still can play your old games, it's really only for the newest games, and as EBOOTs get released almost the day the game comes out, and 3.55 doesn't have that 10 games restriction, I prefer to stay at 3.55. I have now over 200 games on an external HDD.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 06:29 15th January 2013
You know that the new Devil May Cry is out, and guess what, someone already released a 3.41/3.55 patch for it, awesome!!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up