Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Firefox 13.0
Buleste 11:38 8th June 2012
OMG. I've just downloaded FF 13.0 and at long last FF is a fast capable browser again. For god knows how long the quickest way to load some pages for me has been type the address and start loading, cancel and reload especially on the BBC News site but now it loads first time and quickly. Time will tell if the php issues have been sorted but this is at long last bringing FF into the realms of best browser again.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:53 8th June 2012
I've still never had issues with speed in any recent versions of FF, which makes me think you had some corrupted files buried somewhere in your system that the new release finally doesn't use. Either that or the issues only affect certain setups.

Anyway, will update when I get chance, if it doesn't auto update for me.
[Reply]
Buleste 18:59 8th June 2012
I think the main issue was the fact I've got old hardware. I doubt it's corrupt files as I decided to uninstall my old FF 12, reg clean etc and reboot and install a clean FF 13 and some of the old issues are back although it is still much quicker than before. Still over £100 million in the euromillions so I might get £2.00 back.
[Reply]
Phantom 21:45 8th June 2012
Jesus with Firefox and its updates. They look-like M$. Time to get rid of them methinks.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 11:44 9th June 2012
/me pokes everyone with Opera
[Reply]
Harrison 12:03 9th June 2012
Sadly Opera isn't compatible with everything, whereas Firefox is. I do like Opera and especially the lightweight mobile versions though.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 12:45 10th June 2012
Linux anyone?
[Reply]
Harrison 16:35 10th June 2012
Umm... Firefox is also on Linux, so?
[Reply]
Kin Hell 13:57 13th June 2012
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Umm... Firefox is also on Linux, so?
Okay, iMac anyone?
[Reply]