Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Raspberry Pi
Stephen Coates 15:43 3rd June 2012
Has anyone been following the Raspberry Pi computer? Or even got one?

I was interested in this the moment I saw it. If you're not already familiar with it, it is a single board computer, about the size of a credit card, which has an ARM processor and runs Linux off an SD card. Basically a fully functional computer, in a very small size, and it costs only about £25.

They finally started manufacturing them a few months ago and due to the large deman, you had to join a waiting list with either RS or Farnell in order to get one. I'm pleased to say that I finally got invited to buy one last week, so i ordered one, but I may still have to wait a good few weeks for it to arrive.

I look forward to getting it. It will be a fun system for playing with.

The Pi isn't the only computer of its kind. Other similar systems do exists, but this one seems to have had a lot of publicity, and a major factor was the price, as some others are a bit more expensive.
[Reply]
DonAmiga 21:59 3rd June 2012
I to finally got an invited to buy one last week which I have done and paid for hopefully we wont have to wait to long I'm hopping the Aros will take off for the Pi
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 05:09 4th June 2012
are they developing a version of AROS for the Pi?

I'd not really thought of running AROS on it. Would be ideal though.

Maybe it would also make a nice machine for OS4.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:19 9th June 2012
I hadn't even heard about this, would be quite interesting!
[Reply]
DonAmiga 00:50 10th June 2012
Here's an Aros demonstration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nczBe...feature=g-like
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 01:54 10th June 2012
Nice.

I wonder if the Pi will emulate the Amiga.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:37 10th June 2012
Well, you could currently run the Linux UAE to get Amiga emulation. Imagine if Amiga emulation was natively ported to the Pi though to boot into it. Would be very nice.

Have you also seen the Android based computer? As small as the Pi, but arguable more useful.
[Reply]
DonAmiga 22:08 10th June 2012
Originally Posted by Harrison:

Have you also seen the Android based computer? As small as the Pi, but arguable more useful.
Any links
[Reply]
Harrison 23:52 10th June 2012
It's called the VIA Android PC, and will retail for $49.

http://www.androidauthority.com/via-...dollars-88209/
[Reply]
ChrisUnionNJ 17:11 26th June 2012
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Well, you could currently run the Linux UAE to get Amiga emulation. Imagine if Amiga emulation was natively ported to the Pi though to boot into it. Would be very nice.

I was on the email list for the prebuy but missed it I happened to find the email in my spam folder now
i'm on the list for second run and this time it will not end up in the spam folder..

[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up