Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Raspberry Pi
Stephen Coates 15:43 3rd June 2012
Has anyone been following the Raspberry Pi computer? Or even got one?

I was interested in this the moment I saw it. If you're not already familiar with it, it is a single board computer, about the size of a credit card, which has an ARM processor and runs Linux off an SD card. Basically a fully functional computer, in a very small size, and it costs only about £25.

They finally started manufacturing them a few months ago and due to the large deman, you had to join a waiting list with either RS or Farnell in order to get one. I'm pleased to say that I finally got invited to buy one last week, so i ordered one, but I may still have to wait a good few weeks for it to arrive.

I look forward to getting it. It will be a fun system for playing with.

The Pi isn't the only computer of its kind. Other similar systems do exists, but this one seems to have had a lot of publicity, and a major factor was the price, as some others are a bit more expensive.
[Reply]
DonAmiga 21:59 3rd June 2012
I to finally got an invited to buy one last week which I have done and paid for hopefully we wont have to wait to long I'm hopping the Aros will take off for the Pi
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 05:09 4th June 2012
are they developing a version of AROS for the Pi?

I'd not really thought of running AROS on it. Would be ideal though.

Maybe it would also make a nice machine for OS4.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:19 9th June 2012
I hadn't even heard about this, would be quite interesting!
[Reply]
DonAmiga 00:50 10th June 2012
Here's an Aros demonstration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nczBe...feature=g-like
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 01:54 10th June 2012
Nice.

I wonder if the Pi will emulate the Amiga.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up