Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: A simple 2D platform game called 'Ball' or 'Bounce'??
peanutismint 23:09 29th April 2012
Trying to recall a really simple game played on a computer, possibly an Amiga, possibly an Acorn Archimedes - it was a 2D side scrolling platformer where you controlled a ball and had to bounce left or right to avoid spikes and such...there may have also been bottles in there for some reason too??!

IT may well have been an unpublished demo or something, I just vividly remember playing it at the school where my Dad taught.... It wasn't one of the forward-scrolling ball games (like Bounder or Trailblazer...)

Any ideas anyone??!
[Reply]
Harrison 03:43 30th April 2012
Hmm... was it a platformer and puzzle game? And could the ball change state so it was water to flow through things, a cloud to blow over things etc...? Or it just stayed as a ball?
[Reply]
peanutismint 11:49 30th April 2012
AFAICR it just remained a ball, but it would roll into curved walls (imagine a cross-section of a skater's half-pipe etc) and around obstacles.... When you rolled off the edge of the screen the screen would change and you'd appear on the next one (as opposed to a moving screen)
[Reply]
Rainboyo 12:28 13th April 2017
I think I'm also looking for this game!

I also think it might have been Acorn rather than Amiga, and a demo rather than a full release... did you get anywhere in your search, peanutismint?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up