Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: New Server!
Harrison 18:02 28th March 2012
These forums have now moved to a new server.

I hope everything is back up and running, but if you spot anything not working correctly please let me know. And if anyone has some free time could you give everything a test in case I didn't fully update all settings over to the new server.

[Reply]
Tiago 14:17 29th March 2012
Working fine for me,
i test a bit here at work
- Under Firefox 10.0.2 and everything is ok.
- Under IE6 6:
the "forum rules" has a grey square on top of letters "rULEs", but it was there before and the link works.
the tab "Gallery" don't show anything inside, but when you walk with the mouse it shows the options, but it works if you click

i think it's because Ie6 is an old version of IE.... i am sure it doesn't happen with newer versions.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 14:58 29th March 2012
Seems fine here, but I haven't tested everything.

Any reason why it was moved to another server?
[Reply]
Phantom 18:19 29th March 2012
Seems fine to me also (using Firefox at the moment).
[Reply]
Harrison 18:40 29th March 2012
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
Seems fine here, but I haven't tested everything.

Any reason why it was moved to another server?
Faster server, so it is ready for my plans to expand the site in the near future. We will be changing name to ClassicRetro.Net so we can focus on more than just the Amiga (as we have loads of other interested relating to the retro scene. And with that the structure of the forum will be getting a makeover to hopefully make it less cluttered, easier to navigate for newer members, and with more system specific sections and prefixes.

I need ideas you all have for this evolution of the site, so please let me know your ideas and thoughts.

BTW, the main classicamiga.com site will remain as it is (with a planned update) and will become a part of the Classic Retro Network.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 20:50 29th March 2012
Works fine here as well with Firefox. Congratulations on the move to a new server. Looking forward to the launch of Classicretro.net.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 00:31 30th March 2012
Simplifying the structure of the forums would be good. There are far too many different subforums at the moment.

What other platforms will ClassicRetro cover?
[Reply]
Harrison 09:46 30th March 2012
We can cover anything that generates interest. Initially it will probably focus on Amiga/ST/PC, and the mainstream consoles from Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft... with combined areas for other 8-it, 16-bit and console content. I will be going through the existing site content (threads/posts) and based on the amount of content we already have for systems I will create areas for them.
[Reply]
Bloodwych 14:39 31st March 2012
Congrats on the server move and I'm looking forward to the new name and change!

I think many users of this site do have a broader interest than just the Amiga, and hopefully you can attract more people to join up.

Big thanks for providing this website Harrision!
[Reply]
DonAmiga 00:53 1st April 2012
Cool, look forward to the new setup
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up