Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: 1.333MHz vs 1.600MHz clocked RAM
Harrison 22:45 9th January 2012
Yep, you would definitely see better performance from the 2760QM combined with some 1600 ram. That would be a very nice gaming laptop indeed.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:07 10th January 2012
This week, several components got again more expensive.

They had a promotion last week, giving a 150€ discount. That stopped the 9th

Then also the price of the GPU increased from 170€ to 199€, and the RAM increased from 192€ to 219€.

So in the end I would now have to pay 2.275€, and last week (Saturday) if I would have bought it straight away, it would have been 2.015€, but my girlfriend was the one who was trying all the time to change my mind, and stop me from buying it, with the argument that I already have a laptop (chicks, tss!). I was in doubt then a bit, and wanted to wait a bit. Now I will definitely have to wait again, as I contacted Dell, and they told me that the prices increase/decrease on a regular basis, and that if there's some kind of promotion, it always comes out on Wednesdays.

Anyway, I have still to pay for my gf's driver's license, next exam is the 20th, hopefully she will pass this time, otherwise you can always add 500€ until the next exam.

And after that, I will also have to buy her a car, so the laptop will perhaps not be my first acquisition. Will see.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:01 10th January 2012
I would wait a few months. The i7 Sandy Bridge mobile processors have only been out since November, so are still very close to their original Intel RRP. I think by Easter they will have fallen in price by some margin, and also 1600MHz ram might also start to fall soon too. So you might end up saving quite a bit compared to buying it now.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:12 26th January 2012
1.600MHz RAM dropped now from 219€ to 140€, same price as the 1.333MHz RAM. The disadvantage with Alienware is always that you don't know when the prices will raise again.

Or was there recently some RAM price dropping?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up